I found this pic. Can you identify it? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I found this pic. Can you identify it?

Sports Cars and Exotics

Arguable none of the cars from Europe are their original sports car or exotic car. From Porsche to Ferrari, they are all modified so they won't pollute. The Defender 90 is no longer sold, because this was either impossible or they could not figure out how to get air bags in it. I forgot which one. Give Ford some time and I am sure they will figure that out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Speaking of Defenders....!

I saw my first one the other day on the PA turnpike (I-76) on my way into the Pendel area..not for the trail..my Grandparents live near Pendel in Langhorne...anyway...it was very nice looking...canary yellow..in perfect condition as far as I could tell!

hrmm, yup, the image loaded.. looks too much like a montero IMO.. those things front ends are 90% bumper..

2 Diablos

I live near Norton, Ma. where there is a guy with 2 Diablos.
He owns a yellow and white one. Not to mention a whole limo company. We call him the self indulgent weiner. Because he is !

Why would you need two Diablos? Why not get 1 Diablo, and 1 McLaren? I'd like to be THAT guy!

Hmmm, I wonder if you could lift the Diablo? It's long and wide enough to make a solid platform. You'd sure have to be careful about scratches and dings, though! Think about it, a Diablo with 35's. That would be nice. And you could still fit in the garage!

Originally posted by Alec
Think about it, a Diablo with 35's. That would be nice. And you could still fit in the garage!

Only in Texas...

Here's that lifted Diablo.

View

Sorry, it's a bad pic. It was foggy out ;)

As Exotic as the Diablo is. It doesn't look any better than a lifted Chevy Citation with big tires.
I think it should stick to the road.
Besides, you have to have something to pull your trailered Explorer.

Nice find FlyAU. That is one clean looking Explorer. Throw Troll's engine in (maybe even a stroked 351) and that would be one awesome ride. I recently saw the new 4 door Explorer at my local car show. Since they have gone with the IRS they might as well make it look like a sleak vehicle.

I've got a better idea than a stroked 351. Since the 02 is coming out with the 4.6L V8 which is akin to the 5.4L why not stick the Lightning's supercharged 5.4L in it?? It would fit easier and would probably run sub-5 second 0-60s. Can we say Explorer R... Somebody pinch me...

New Saleens

Pinch me...a stroked 351 running nitrous and a super charger. Maybe I am old school, but I like the OHVs, even if they do come out with TOHC. It always seems that any OHC takes time to develop the HP and torque. I like it from 500 RPM up. My thought and dreams. Maybe Saleen could get envolved. You would have the regular Explorer. The Explorer 329R and the Explorer 351(390?)S. Even more dreams. How did Saleen Explorer sales turn out. You know...I wonder if anyone on this site has one of the bad boys.

Originally posted by CougarX
I've got a better idea than a stroked 351. Since the 02 is coming out with the 4.6L V8 which is akin to the 5.4L why not stick the Lightning's supercharged 5.4L in it?? It would fit easier and would probably run sub-5 second 0-60s. Can we say Explorer R... Somebody pinch me...

...and can we say $40K Explorer.....

Originally posted by n2knee
...and can we say $40K Explorer.....

It's already pretty close to that for a fully optioned limited. The few extra grand would be worth the power. Vettes are $40K also and this a 5.4 explorer would run with a vette and go off-road too...

I agree that a stroked, nitrous, and blown 351 would out perform the Lightning. Hell, you can stroke a 351W to a 427 and then supercharge and nitrous it. That would run with a Indy Car. However, their is a much greater chance of a factory 5.4L then there is a 351. You can make anything fast, but getting the factory to do it is even better and cost you less in the end.

I like to dream. In reality, the world is turning to OHCs. That's a nightmare.

P.S. Check Rick's new posted information about SEMA. Apparently they had the "Urban Explorer" there. I have not read about, I just saw it.

[Edited by Tate Myrick on 11-06-2000 at 04:10 PM]

They had one of those at Sema this year. I was able to get a quick peak at it before the show had started(not sure if I was supposed to) and I wasn't too impressed. It would be great for the "soccer mom" though. More space and all but I think I'll pass. Thanks anyways. Check out some of the Sema post from Rick and Camaron for a few close up photos

2002exp_rear.jpg

This can definitely compete against the Saleen XP8 in the looks department. If Ford could only (or shall I say willing) to put a powerful engine to back up the looks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Last time I checked it seemed that a few people on this site were into modifying their Explorer's. Let's just hope Ford produces it. Oh no...so they throw in a 4.6. The Mustang after-market will easily take care of that, and those that want to go crazy can bore it, stroke it, and throw on some Cobra R cylinder heads. Wait a minute...just the stroke is necessary to achieve the Cobra's displacement. Speaking of the Cobra R...what is the rearend? It is IRS right...like the regular Cobra? How similar is the new four door Explorer's IRS to the Cobra's IRS? Just a curiosity.

Back