I got a sarfari bar..gunna make it so I can run 4 lights..what ones should I get?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I got a sarfari bar..gunna make it so I can run 4 lights..what ones should I get??

I just got a sarfari bar, and Im gunna weld on 2 mounts on the top so I can run 4 lights, but I was wondering what ones to use..I was thinking hellas...but should I get fogs or driving?? I was thinking maybe get the fogs for the bottom mounts, and driving for the top? Will that work..or will they not work together..and another question is..what ones should I get first..cause I cant afford both sets and once..so should I get fogs or driving now??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey I'm interested in see what you do, cause I also have a safari bar and I mounted 4 lights in it.

I have the pics if you want to see it. Just email me. Peace

Oh to see the lights I have check the sig.
I want to change the 500s for 1000's though.

Rob

hey, I would like to see your bar..send pics to
SVT96ranger@aol.com
and Im just gunna weld on light mounts on the top bar..like thats on the bottom, and they will be like closer together on the top, and wider on the bottom..it will kinda look like a prerunner bar..

sent

just sent it Fishman

what did you do to mount them in the middle..and what I wanna do, its just imagne the two center lights that you have, just straight up on the top bar..just as close as they are on your bottom bar..get it?

I just cut a piece of L type steel I guess from the hardware store. Cut it down to size. Lined up the holes and drilled

I want to see how you do the top lights cause I have a feeling it will be harder than you think, cause the bar is curved.

Peace,
Rob

what im gunna do is take a piece of steel, about a inch to inch and half long, and then cut it into a u shape, and drill a hole in it so i can mount the light, and weld the straight side to the bar, and paint it black..kinda understand?

i like the 4 lights on the bar and am thinking of trying that. inside the bar though. an f150 has his bull bar done up like your wanting to do, and personally, i dont like it. its up to you though

hmm

I put 5 lights up in mine, and I didnt weld or anything. I have 5 switches, one per light, pretty cool actually. give me a shout if you wanna see em

I should elaborate a bit, I have a 94 sport with the 2curved racks. the forward rack is converted, it is actually a really solid way to do it. I simply used my dril press and cut straight through the rack
5 holes, 5 lights. the wire fits in the channeling that the rubber goes in so well that the rubber can be recut and fit - you would have to see pics to see how I did it. I am running 5 55watt halogen lamps, 3 amp draw per lamp, total 15-16 amp draw so it isnt significant on my alternator. plans to add more, 275 watts now, want to break 500 watts of light mark hehe

ok...throw some pics..if you cant post on here..just email them to
SVT96ranger@aol.com

Thanks
Chris

you still havnt told me or helped me with what lights I should get...

Can every one with a bar email me pictures to bullracing98@aol.com?
I just got my bar today and just ordered two piaa 580 driveing lights ( thinking about ordering two more)

here they are...

here is a link to my light setup as per request- http://photos.yahoo.com/enterthelight2002

Be forwarned, my truck is pretty dirty, and the lights are not working at full power due to a nice film of caked on snow and mud hehe. please, tell me what you think, I love my lights, I use em on the highway all the time. I would be willing to write a thread solely on my install procedure, lights used, and cost complete with illustrations and pictures if there was enough interest. anything for the X community.

Oh and I read one fellows post on here that he has plastic roof racks, this will only work if you have the aluminum like mine.

any Q's please ask, or Email to Kirk_dunkley@hotmail.com

Kirk_Dunkley, That is the same way I did my lights on my 91. I just ran a ground wire to each light for the ground. I did have my cross bar turned arround though.

um..Im not talking about on top of the truck..im talking about a sarafi bar on the front end..you got the wrong part of the truck..

hey black magic- nice ride, I love the Compact sport SUV look- too cool. how does she handle? if you have MSN please add me Kirk_dunkley@hotmail.com , we could swap mod ideas

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a private message feature on here kirk..just letting you know..

Back