I Got My '14 Sport Window Sticker (Finally!) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I Got My '14 Sport Window Sticker (Finally!)

Mine was full load with dual 2nd row captains seats with console.

Sgt1411-Are your captain seats coming with folding armrests next to the center console? I have seen a couple in the K.C. area but dealership says might be aftermarket. Be nice to have padded place to rest your both of your arms. Still trying to find out if an upholstery shop in my area does it .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That must be aftermarket

My 13 Limited has captains chairs second row and the center console is the only form of armrest besides the door.

Did they look OEM?

Hard to tell about if they looked OEM,had to look thru the windows.Friend with an X talked to a lady who had them on hers,she stated that her husband took the outer passenger side seat armrest and used it for the driver side console armrest and the outer passenger seat armrest for the drivers side console. She also stated husband took the seats out for a few days to have the mounting brackets installed. Didn't know the cost of the armrests and bracket installation. Could not have been cheap to take seat apart and reinstall the leather.

This is second hand info and naturally my friend didn't ask for a number of the person who did the installation.

Personally don't know the quality of the finished product except they looked good thru the windows with the sun shining on.

I need to do more research.

Forgot to mention that there was no console.

I do like them as a passenger sitting in those seats. My wife's 13 Acadia Denali has 2nd row captains with folding armrests. I found they will come loose when kids abuse or hang off them.

The nice feature of those 2nd row captains in the Explorer is the forward/back adjust-ability.

I agree with the others who suggested the middle seat in the bench config is next to useless.

One touch button folding buckets to gain access to 3rd row is worth it too me.

My '14 Ex Sport is in! Dealer called this morning and we'll do delivery on Saturday!

Back