I got one! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I got one!

Be aware the outer lenses are clear, and much lighter in direct sun.

DSC01982-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I forget who it was but someone on here used painters tape and just masked off the white circle then tinted the rest of the lens.

Good job with the photoshop! I like the black out light look with all the other tint and black. You've probably seen them but here's how they look

http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-02-03-04-05-FORD-EXPLORER-SPORT-TRAC-HEADLIGHTS-CORNER-TAIL-LIGHTS-BLACK-/140723626872?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item20c3c82378

looks to me as if the reflective part of the headlights is also blacked out... would it still work the same way if it is? Or even be legal?

Check out this guys thread. Probably more of what you are looking for. Half way down he has the fully tinted rear lights. Not sure where he got them though.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345398&highlight=tinted+lights

This thread is more of what I showed you. Tail lights are still a little more tinted though.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331920&highlight=tinted+lights

haha the first thread is from the guy that commented right above you, southernstar, he lives in the same city as me

I wanted to tint the tail lights where the back up light is not tinted. Not sure I could be that creative though

It's seriously super easy. Take painters tape, and completely tape a square (overlapping the clear circle) over the reverse light area. Then, take a bright flashlight, and shine from the inside, while using a Utility knife to cut on the line between light/dark on the tape on the outside.(the flashlight really makes it
easy)

There's another link in my signature to 01Strac's thread to show what I'm talking about.

Here's mine, this is with one coat of spray on tinting - bought from Oreilly, for about $7

Before:

20120322_130912.jpg

after:

20120323_183848.jpg

thank you for the information, I picked up the night shades tint spray. Going to tackle it tomorrow

I also got my stereo installed, well...wired up and working. Still waiting on the dash kit so I can get it all buttoned in, also ran the aux cable for my MP3 player. My amplifier power wire is ran, So now I am going to run my RCA cables to the rear seat. I'm going to attempt to remove the rear 40 seat this weekend, I've gotten mixed directions on how to do so but I'm sure I can figure it out. That's where my sub box will sit

I purchased:

painters tape
Krylon Fusion Black
VHT Night Shades Tint Spray
Plasti Dip

I'm sure you can guess what I have planned with those things

This weekend should be a fun time of working on the Trac!

Your signature is my favorite verse. Never known why but it's one that has stuck with me. :thumbsup:

Your signature is my favorite verse. Never known why but it's one that has stuck with me. :thumbsup:

it's one my favorites one too, as well as Proverbs 28:1 :)

so yeah.. couldn't wait any longer. Saw too much daylight wasting away so... I tinted em. They're really really dark, My dad says they look like crap. Which means I think they're awesome. ... you'd have to know my old man

1677c4l.jpg

Is that 2 coats?

lol nah it's like 4. I'm gonna remove it Sunday probably and try again with less coats. I went a little spray happy so it's pretty dark. Darker than the picture shows cause of the flash

haha the first thread is from the guy that commented right above you, southernstar, he lives in the same city as me

Wow am I not paying attention at all on this one! I completely misread what you said you wanted anyway! Glad you got it worked out haha

Back