• Register Today It's free!

I got problems with my exhaust

Greddy X-Plorer

Reaction score
City, State
Arlington, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Infiniti QX4
Ok, on Monday, I went to my local Meineke muffler shop and they installed for me a Flowmaster Exhaust, I don't know what model or serial number is but my question is that I like it a lot when I'm driving it cause it has a nice punchy roar on it but my actuall question is that when ever I'm going to turn on the engine to start my truck, like the muffler trembles a little to much and when I'm driving and I got my windows rolled down and when I hit a pot hole or something minor, it like shakes from the bottom, I don't know if it's the muffler that's loose or I don't know, and then when I park the car and I turn it off, like right when the engine goes off it trembles a little and you can hear it very clearly that something is not right. Can you guys help me out ASAP?? I would really appreciate it:( It's really annoying, and the trembling noise that gets when I turn on the car mainly happens when I've left it all night not being able to turn on the truck and then it happens when I'm going to turn on the vehicle in the morning.:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure if this applies, but you might want to check. The last time I had my exhaust done at a Mineke, they only put one hanger on, way back by the tail pipe. The extra stress of being hung like that destroyed two mufflers withing a year. There should be three hangers (I think) and only having one would let the exhaust shake more, I caught the first dead muffler when it started knocking against a framerail. Anyways thats just my 2 cents, goodluck.

OMG!! See that's what I'm saying, I feel like it's only holding from the tailpipe to and the same thing is happening that I feel like if it's hitting against the fraimrail, so I should take back where I got it and check it out??

I would say so. It shouldn't be able to rattle against anything ever, even when you're starting the engine, and it should definately be hung in more than one place. But I don't know what Minake's standard policy is, by them time I figured out what the real problem was it had been long enough that I just took my truck elsewhere to get it done right. I'd say check it out and figure out exactly whats going on, like wether its just too close to something or not hung enough so you know what you're talking about when you go back.

Well let me tell you guys that I went back to my local meineke shop and the problem that I had was the hanger that was holding the tailpipe wasn't sturdy enough for it so I got and extra installment kit to hold the tailpipe, so all the other hangers on the muffler were good to go but it was the tailpipe that trembled and I'm happy that the sound that I had under my car is gone now:D :D

Thanks for your help guys!!!! Really appreciate it:D

Back