I got wax on plastic moulding, now what. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

I got wax on plastic moulding, now what.

Hello, I was waxing my 01 sport with turtle wax paste with some help from my daughter. The next day i noticed she got wax on some of the plastic trim and now i don't know how to get it off. It seems like when it gets on there, it never comes off. Help, any ideas.

<

delamite

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport XLT
I hate to break it to you all, but the BEST solution (cost effecient as well) is an eraser. You can use a pencil eraser, but that would be a waste. Go to the store, buy yourself a 2-pack or whatever it comes in "high polymer" eraser.

Like so.. http://www.buyonlinenow.com/viewproduct.asp?sku=PENZEH10

$1.15 each.

Rub away folks and it's gone! Then apply the protectant that makes that plastic all nice and glossy.

<

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
LOL Actually Adam's Polishes is NOT my business. My name is Matt Adams. It is Adam's Polish. The guys name is Adam, he is based in California, I am in Colorado. Two completely different people, LOL.

<

Premier

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
I was just hastlin' ya ;) Heath gave me permission to LOL

<

sr71bb

Reaction score
City, State
Norton, Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer sport
Way to go !

I just happen to have that exact same eraser in my desk. What an idea! I'll try it out.

<