I got wax on plastic moulding, now what. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I got wax on plastic moulding, now what.

Hello, I was waxing my 01 sport with turtle wax paste with some help from my daughter. The next day i noticed she got wax on some of the plastic trim and now i don't know how to get it off. It seems like when it gets on there, it never comes off. Help, any ideas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use a toothbrush and Oxy Clean.

Try Armoral

Armor-All just covers it up for a day. Toothbrush and Oxy Clean sounds like its sneeky enough to work.

peanut Butter works at removing wax stains. I have never tried oxy clean.
Be sure to apply a protector to the trim after.

ahh, the wonderful thinking of plastic that ford uses!!,, I hate it I have the same problem w/ my sport,, it's a few circle patters i have also,, please let me know if the oxey clean works! i've tried almost every thing else,,

tooth paste works great, also :D

PB here.

PB? wow never would have tried it

Yes PB works. You can also get this stuff called "back to black" It restores the color of black plastic parts.

Monotone.. will fix everything right up forever. :)

Armor-dillo makes a product for faded cladding that works really well

draft said:
Monotone.. will fix everything right up forever. :)

You are exactly right! Problem is that I dont have enough money. But Monotone does in fact make the Explorers look that much better.

black on black i've seen work really well, my next door neighbor uses it all the time..i've been meaning to pick some up, i'm not to carefull and the dad yells at me all the time...lol...and i see y

PB...isn't it just a grease, so you'll have a whitish greasy blastic trim peace...lol...doesn't sound like it'd work to well...interesting?

You guys should really try Adams Polishes. You can get it on your plastic and not worry about it. It's a little more expensive then Meguiars etc. but once you use it, you'll never go back. I know I haven't.
www.adamspolishes.com

mattadams said:
You guys should really try Adams Polishes. You can get it on your plastic and not worry about it. It's a little more expensive then Meguiars etc. but once you use it, you'll never go back. I know I haven't.
www.adamspolishes.com

Way to pawn off your business LOL :p

how did you get your own brand of polish made?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jeff96 said:
how did you get your own brand of polish made?
I thought his name was Matt, not Adam.

Back