I hate the DRL in my 07 ford explorer XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I hate the DRL in my 07 ford explorer XLT

jimbotune123

Reaction score
City, State
nj ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer XLT
DRL
Daytime Running Lights, i cant find a way to turn them off
Can anybody help me plz.
Ehen i move the shifter from parking, the stupid headlights comes on.

Lights

Are you talkin "running or fog" lights? On my Sp Trac, on dash, there's a "fog light" button, 2" below the rear window button, mine is just right of radio.

The DRL's use a control module that can be simply unplugged and replaced with the "loop-back" plug. (Junk yard only) Why?

All Ford trucks are already wired for DRL. So, the one's that are not equipped with DRL are just missing the Module and the resistor: but have the "Loop-back" plug installed instead. (not sold as a replacement part)

If you had a truck without DRL and wanted to enable you would just have to buy the module and the resistor and plug them in.

In your case you would do the opposite. (Remove the module and replace it with the loop-back plug.

(Or I guess you could make one) easier to get from the junk yard.

You can just leave the resistor in.

If you pull the DRL module without the loop back plug you will have NO lights, as it supplies Ground back to the multi-function switch.

Here's a link that may help with locating the thing. Varies from model to model.

But there are a few common locations.

http://www.fordf150.net/howto/drl.php#resistor

Back