I have a 2013 Sport, Looking for advice on new one | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I have a 2013 Sport, Looking for advice on new one

Carnivore

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 sport
I love my Sport and am pondering a new one. However I really like the dash gauge display for the Platinum but am very reluctant to buying another explorer with the same old Nav system. Are these 2016's upgradable to Sync 3 when that comes out?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you could just wait until aug,sept just wait. I am in the same boat but i rather wait and extend my lease for 3 month before i get a 2016 with mft.

The 2016 MFT is not upgradable to Sync 3. If attempting to determine whether to upgrade, you'll need to decide how important Sync 3 will be to you. You could wait until the '17 MY gets released with the new Sync 3 but, because it is the new model year, it will have a new model year price attached with less willingness of dealers to negotiate.

To change a vehicle to the same having one coming with a new operating system. i would just wait a get the new one with the new system even if it going to cost a little more, because so will the 2016 cost more. And you can always negotiate loyal customer rebate etc.... I would wait.

If it's that important to you, by all means wait. I am old and have no issues with the MFT in my 2016. It works much faster than my 09 Edge.

The 2016 MFT is not upgradable to Sync 3. If attempting to determine whether to upgrade, you'll need to decide how important Sync 3 will be to you. You could wait until the '17 MY gets released with the new Sync 3 but, because it is the new model year, it will have a new model year price attached with less willingness of dealers to negotiate.

New year price will not have an effect on a price because Ford is not changing the body or the chassis. I have upgraded my vehicles every 2-4 years. It depends, but people are getting 4-6K off from MSRP. Yes, my loan will increase a grand or 2, but it will be minimal if you negotiate.

Just an fyi, according to Ford's production schedule, today is the last date 2016 orders will be accepted. The 2017 production is scheduled to begin June 6th.

Peter

New year price will not have an effect on a price because Ford is not changing the body or the chassis. I have upgraded my vehicles every 2-4 years. It depends, but people are getting 4-6K off from MSRP. Yes, my loan will increase a grand or 2, but it will be minimal if you negotiate.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear with my post. Yes, the 2017 is only expected in see a price increase of roughly $900, which isn't much, but the dealerships are less likely to negotiate a significant discount off new MY vehicles as they would be with existing carryover inventory. Like clockwork, over the next few months, prices on 2016 inventory will begin dropping towards the 6-7% mark with discounts peaking around November/December. Was simply pointing out that some deep savings could be had this time of year on a 2016 if Sync 3 was not that important.

To change a vehicle to the same having one coming with a new operating system. i would just wait a get the new one with the new system even if it going to cost a little more, because so will the 2016 cost more. And you can always negotiate loyal customer rebate etc.... I would wait.

And to add to that there are always updates to many things both in the new Order Guide and not in the Order Guide.

The 17 updates wont just be SYNC3.

The Order Guide is very very late given the date.

And to add to that there are always updates to many things both in the new Order Guide and not in the Order Guide.

The 17 updates wont just be SYNC3.

The Order Guide is very very late given the date.
I've been wondering about the Order Guide as well seeing as 2017 orders are being accepted on the 28th. Hopefully it will be available soon.

Peter

Sorry, I wasn't very clear with my post. Yes, the 2017 is only expected in see a price increase of roughly $900, which isn't much, but the dealerships are less likely to negotiate a significant discount off new MY vehicles as they would be with existing carryover inventory. Like clockwork, over the next few months, prices on 2016 inventory will begin dropping towards the 6-7% mark with discounts peaking around November/December. Was simply pointing out that some deep savings could be had this time of year on a 2016 if Sync 3 was not that important.
All true - but bear in mind also that you would be buying a new car that's already one model year old. It would feel just as new to you, but some depreciation would already have accumulated the moment you sign the contract.

So, a certain amount of that aggressive discounting does nothing more than make you whole against the car's value.

If you happen to be leasing, however, none of that matters and the extra discounting is indeed money in your pocket.

Back