I have a few questions re car audio: | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I have a few questions re car audio:

n2knee

Reaction score
City, State
San Francisco,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 EB
1.) Can someone give me the name of the car audio company that sells all kinds of brands of car audio items? They even mail their catalouge periodically and I even bought my door speakers from them, but I just can't seem to recall the company name. If you guys don't know the name, just throw in a names that you know.

2.) If I were to change my factory deck to an aftermarket deck (Sony, Pioneer, etc..), would there be a big improvement in terms of the sound quality? I have the MACH Audio System and I have also changed my factory door speakers to Sony's 6x8 3-way speakers. Is it also necessary to replace the factory amp?

I have decided to invest my money in this route instead of buying the PIAA PRO 90. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1)You are probably thinking of Crutchfield. They are the largest mail order audio store

2)Since you have replaced your speakers already, that is where you would have experienced the greatest improvement in sound. Adding an aftermarket head unit would increase that improvement. An you would need to bypass the stock amp to fufill that improvement. An aftermarket amp would maximize the improvement.

Steve

Originally posted by mrsteve
1)You are probably thinking of Crutchfield. They are the largest mail order audio store

2)Since you have replaced your speakers already, that is where you would have experienced the greatest improvement in sound. Adding an aftermarket head unit would increase that improvement. An you would need to bypass the stock amp to fufill that improvement. An aftermarket amp would maximize the improvement.

Steve

You hit the jackpot, Steve. Thanks!

No problem, anytime.

Steve

Back