I have a question about switching out my seats!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I have a question about switching out my seats!!

Alaskakid87

Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Xploder XLT 5.0 AWD
Ok I have a fully loaded XLT and I just had a question about the seats my leather seats are pretty much all cracked and callin apart as the vehicle is from TX. Anyway my question is can the limited leather seats fit into my XLT or do I need to modify anything?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The seats themselves are bolt in. If the seats are the same feature wise and close in years you should be fine. If one set is heated and one is not you might have to do some custom wiring.

The seats themselves are bolt in. If the seats are the same feature wise and close in years you should be fine. If one set is heated and one is not you might have to do some custom wiring.

Awesome ok thanks and yeah my current seats are non heated but have pretty much 7-way options if you know what I am saying the lower air cushions no longer fill up and of course the driver seat has seen better days!!

Awesome ok thanks and yeah my current seats are non heated but have pretty much 7-way options if you know what I am saying the lower air cushions no longer fill up and of course the driver seat has seen better days!!

If the seats are from similar years it should be plug and play. If the years are very different(say 95 seats to a 01 Ex) then the plugs might have to be swapped out. :thumbsup:

I don't know about vehicles from Texas, but my truck lived in New York, and Illinois, so I broke 4 out of the 8 bolts when I did mine due to rust on the back side of the bolt, I would soak the crap out of them with some sort of rust penetrate before you remove any. but other then that it should be a direct bolt in if the vehicle you pull them from have the same options.

I don't know about vehicles from Texas, but my truck lived in New York, and Illinois, so I broke 4 out of the 8 bolts when I did mine due to rust on the back side of the bolt, I would soak the crap out of them with some sort of rust penetrate before you remove any. but other then that it should be a direct bolt in if the vehicle you pull them from have the same options.

Awesome will do most bolts have come off pretty easy til the rear shocks I am replacing now.. Anyways I will start soaking them so that way by the time I find a good set in the wrecking yard they'll be good to go!!

Back