I have new rear springs on my van! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I have new rear springs on my van!

don-ohio

Reaction score
City, State
jackson,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Aerostar extended
Yes! BUT what a chore! Bolts were all stuck.Hadda mapp gas the spring retainer bolts and really work to get em loose with Liquid wrench.
Now I gotta wait til morning to finish up with a set of heavy duty light truck Monroes from Auto Advance.No one carries heavy duty shocks around here.......you have to order them.
Man,I'm beat! Was working on gravel all day.I rent the house with the concrete drive.LOL!Trying to wind down for sleep.
Anyway,I'll post back how it ends up.Lookin good so far!
don-ohio :)^):aerostar:

How many miles were on the old set? Did you take any pictures? Did you install cargo coils?

Hi,Brooklyn! The old springs only had 90000 on them. I got the heavy duty shocks on there from PepBoys in Columbus,OH(Advance Auto let me down) the next day after installing the springs.
I didn't take pics,but I measured the space between tires to wheel wells and I gained three inches of height.
Rides a little stiffer but still comfortable and I don't drag at all entering/exiting my steep driveway.
No,I got the custom coils and they are very tough looking. Coils were much thicker than the old ones. Goes down the road and over bumps just fine. don-ohio :)^):aerostar:

Back