I hope I didn't hurt anything | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I hope I didn't hurt anything

WizardOfOdds

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Explorer
Ok, so on sunday I went to the local princess auto and on my way back I noticed a bad vibration while stopped and it was like the engine was going to bog out on me. I drove my way home and once I got upto speed everything was ok. I went up and down a side street and I would floor the gas and the truck would get up to speed extremly slow. Oh yeah, there was a big vibration while getting on the gas too. Anyways, I found out it was just a loose spark plug wire connection to the coil pack. Thank god.

Anyways, I noticed a vibration, its not a huge vibration but its enough to notice, while driving and idling. Am I just being paranoid or could I have done some serious damage to my engine by driving it with the bad spark plug wire connection. P.S. I only drove it like that about 15 mins home, but I did give floor the gas a couple times down that road as I was saying.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not to worry no damage done so dont worry that vibration was a cylinder misfire stuff like thhhat will throw off harmonic balance in the engine the reeason that the x was sluggish is that u were running on 5 cylinders not 6

Ok thanks, I never thought of it throwing the harmonic balancer off... it makes sence to me now... I was more worried that I might have damage a piston head or something.

sorry if i confused u by saying harmonic balance what i meant was if ur cylinder is misfiring then the engine will shake

Ok thanks, I never thought of it throwing the harmonic balancer off... it makes sence to me now... I was more worried that I might have damage a piston head or something.

No piston damage at all.. when a spark plug doesn't fire the fuel/air charge just fails to ignite and is purged from the cylinder during the cam's exhaust cycle.

Back