I installed a Line Of Fire today... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I installed a Line Of Fire today...

Curtis

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT 4x4
While picking up parts at Advance a couple weeks ago they had Line of Fire lights on clearance... they had the 60" and 49". The 49" fits my 3rd gen nicely. And I could not pass it at $20

DSC01733.jpg

Installation was not hard, just used some self tapping screws to the ledge under the hatch, and drilled a hole so the wires would go under the bumper. Ive got the Trailer wiring already there so it was really easy to join and solder the wires.

Here's a video of my wife doing a light show :D

th_M4H01734.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

While picking up parts at Advance a couple weeks ago they had Line of Fire lights on clearance... they had the 60" and 49". The 49" fits my 3rd gen nicely. And I could not pass it at $20

Installation was not hard, just used some self tapping screws to the ledge under the hatch, and drilled a hole so the wires would go under the bumper. Ive got the Trailer wiring already there so it was really easy to join and solder the wires.

Here's a video of my wife doing a light show :D

:eek: Looks really nice! :eek: Got any daytime pics showing exactly where on the Ex it is installed? I would like to put this on my Ex as well.

Once again, nice job. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looks great! Great price too! If I ever buy a truck I'm doing this to it.
Off topic real quick...J/W, did you get the chrome grille installed?

:eek: Looks really nice! :eek: Got any daytime pics showing exactly where on the Ex it is installed? I would like to put this on my Ex as well.

Once again, nice job. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I will take some daytime pix tomorrow and report back.

The chrome grill was installed.. on my fathers 02.. but not before I had to forward it on to Canada.. I have a pic of that too in my email, and will post it too. :)

Looking forward to the pics.......:popcorn:

Hear ya go.
You can see the lights are in 'L' shaped red plastic
Just screwed it on.
I drilled a 1/4" hole down though on the left side so the wires would tuck under nicely and be better protected.

DSC01737.jpg
DSC01738.jpg

DSC01739.jpg
DSC01740.jpg

DSC01741.jpg

With the hatch down, you have to get low and look under, its not easily visible. I just watched my wife drive away from the house, and I could easily see the brake and turn signals when she stopped at the end of our street about 1000 ft away.
DSC01743.jpg

Hear ya go.
You can see the lights are in 'L' shaped red plastic
Just screwed it on.
I drilled a 1/4" hole down though on the left side so the wires would tuck under nicely and be better protected.

With the hatch down, you have to get low and look under, its not easily visible. I just watched my wife drive away from the house, and I could easily see the brake and turn signals when she stopped at the end of our street about 1000 ft away.

Curtis, thanks for the pics! Now that I know how they are installed I'm going to have to get this for my Ex. Nice job with the install. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Sorry it took some time... I was waiting on dad to send a picture
The grill was black before this...It looks great now! Dad is very happy with it. Thanks again.
ExplorerChromeGrill.jpg

Back