I just learned how to wire PIAA's into existing fogs :) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I just learned how to wire PIAA's into existing fogs :)

Hey I just learned a cool trick! This would apply for everyone wanting to hook up PIAA's using the factory wiring, so they could come on with the factory fog light switch, well here's how it works :). You'd still have to use the PIAA harness and relay, then take the wire the goes from the relay to the switch (coming out of the relay in one direction you'd have the ground, then the wire going to the switch, then the wires going to the lights) and splice it into the fog factory fog light wiring. Don't know why I didn't think of that earlier! I'm going to use it on my F-150 for some 520's though and I'll let you know how it goes :). This way, it's still receiving the correct amount of power, still using the PIAA relay, but just receiving the signal to be turned off or on from the main fog light switch! The only downside to this of course is that you couldn't have your brights and your fogs on at the same time, otherwise it would save bunches of time!

will your car be able to handle it if the factory fog lights and the piaa lights are wired together at the same time? Just curious

Matt--

Did this work? Any further suggestions?

espn - no problem because I don't have the stock fogs anymore, replaced them with PIAA's.
And yes, this did work just fine.

Back