I just love my wife...(Explorer related, really..) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

I just love my wife...(Explorer related, really..)

Hank

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Cape Coral, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 EB
Just someone blowing their 15 min of fame. Got a note back from Rick, IP address logged and blocked, user id closed.

DarkFox1

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Augusta Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Mountaineer
someone always has to do that.. I'm suprised it doesn't happen more often on forums since theres no screening or anything that goes on.. please don't think thats a suggestion tho.. heh

1st gear eh.. pretty scary.. I don't tihnk I'll be letting anyone drive any of my cars for a while.. :p

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
Originally posted by 95ExplorerLtd
My dad taught me how to drive a stick when I was like 11, and me and him are still the only ones in our family that know how to drive one. Its hilarious to see my mom drive one. She can start one and get it into first where you dont gotta use the clutch, but even thats a challenge. I enjoy being able to grab a gear whenever I want to, so I like driving them. Once, we were going to my aunts house, and her house is at the top of this really steep hill, you gotta really motor up it hard if your not in a lower gear. So coming back down my mom had it in 1st, and we pulled onto the street in town and she was still in 1st and started asking why it wouldnt speed up and sounded so loud. Eventually she figured it out...

Thats the thing, her car is a stick, so its beyond me why she cant comprehend the gated automatic.

Oh well lol