• Register Today It's free!

I just stole some tires.........

ChallengerDave

Reaction score
City, State
Amherst NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Sport Trac XLT
Not really but almost. Was about to order a set of dura tracs off tire rack when I figured i would call the local goodyear shop for the hell of it. Turns out they didnt have any dura tracs in 33x12.5x15 but they did have the MT/R. For 141 a tire...............
So I went over there to make sure that this wasnt some false hope. So A little while later I came home with some pretty new cleats with white lettering :D

So all I have to do now is some minor trimming since I went from a 10.5 to a 12.5

Pics tmw

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't wait to see pictures. When I move upto 35's or 36's after my SAS I might try the MTR'S, let us know how they work out.

I have a buddy running those on his TJ and he loves them on the trail and is satisfied with their highway capability. He's driven out to Moab from SC and still has plenty of tread left/ no problems on the way. He thinks they're great tires. Hopefully they work just as well on your Trac.

Good deal. Are they the discontinued MT/R or the MT/R with Kevlar? Those are my first consideration when (if?) I get SAS and go 37s.

they were discounted because a customer special ordered them. in the end he didn't want them I guess they were sitting there for a couple months. apparently they could not return them because they're special ordered. Yes they are the ones with Kevlar

good deal pics for sure

Wow, that is a steal! I just paid $240 for a 33x12.5R15 Duratrac with the road hazard, so a hundred less than that for an MT/R is outstanding.

Well I did the necessary trimming at the shop not to long ago and i....i...... well I forgot to take pics. plz dont hurt me.

But either way they ride great, alot less road noise then I was expecting. Hopefully I sure have a trail date coming up very soon to test these babies out. Im sure they will be one hell of an improvement over my old worn out all terrains.

Obie, didn't you see all the posts about me paying $146 each with RH for my 33x12.50x15 DuraTrac's. Oh well, you'll like them.

Hell yeah - So many duratracs on this forum , it's nice to see unique tires!

Dave, I'm not sure I believe you since you didn't post pictures lol

Sorry for all the pain I may have caused by the picture wait. I truly love to look now compared to the wimpy all-terrains.

2013-02-27_14-50-37_805.jpg

2013-02-27_14-50-21_314.jpg

2013-02-27_14-49-58_171.jpg

2013-02-27_14-49-46_217.jpg

2013-02-27_14-49-39_937.jpg

2013-02-27_14-49-30_518.jpg

2013-02-27_14-49-20_925.jpg

Very nice. My friend has them on his jeep and loves them

Looks good Dave, are those tires directional ?

Looks good Dave, are those tires directional ?

They are non directional surprisingly.

They need some mud on them for sure, getting real sick of all this salt coating my truck.

Looks sick. Good choice of tire.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks really great! I really like your paint color and how it goes with the wheels. Nice lookin Trac for sure.

The MTRs are non directional and also radial but they have a biased tread pattern. It really does help when your in a mix of terrains such as dirt/mud and then go to crawl a rock face.

Back