I knew I shouldn't hang around here.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I knew I shouldn't hang around here....

DriverGT5

Reaction score
City, State
Clemson, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
You guys are a bad, bad influence!!!

DSCN0113.sized.jpg

DSCN0114.sized.jpg

DSCN0115.sized.jpg

$26 2" Drop Shackle on the rear, and I removed the front torsen adjuster bolts for free.
DSCN0116.sized.jpg

Camber before alignment.

Now to get it aligned. I cut the bump stops out to increase the travel. It was hitting before and was kinda sketchy as far as handling goes. Keep in mind I race cars on a regular basis, and my race car is out of commision, so the Explorer sees many lateral G's.

I think sway bars and shocks are in my future. But after I get my suspension on the RX-7 done first. ;)

Honestly, I can't see how anyone goes lower than 2" without sway bars first. It seems like the truck would just bottom out every where and be very dangerous to drive. I am planning on hitting Road Atlanta this weekend though, I'll let you know how it goes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good. You could go about flipping those spacers to on top of the leaf instead of the block. That brings the shock mount up a bit.

Definetly looks good. Now get it cleaned up!! ;)

drop blocks, not shackles and blocks right?

i didn'tknow anyone made drop shackles- although i was considering making them.

Blocks, shackles.... what do I know. I build cars usually. This was "suposed" to be my tow vehicle and daily driver. ::sigh::

Yeah, it needs a bath hard core. It's hard to break the function over form mentality. Hard to believe it gets detailed twice a year. You'd cry if you saw the inside. It's actually in great shape minus some burt out dash bulbs and the arm rest just cracked last month.

u need to put the drivers side bolt back up untill its level. its leaning really bad. and they do make drop leafs for the explorer. looks good so far.careful though drop is adictive. i started out that way. not im 4.5 inches dropped all the way around. lol keep up the good work.

Yea bad habit once you drop you cant stop.... My truck is still going down....

Yeah, God knows how much I've spent on my Explorer after finding this site. I've never added it up cause I'm scared to.

Your truck is looking good!

Back