I Need advice on 93 explorer acceleration problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I Need advice on 93 explorer acceleration problem

macplorer

Reaction score
:(Hello all,
I am new to this forum and hoping all you Explorer experts can help me.
I bought a 93 Explorer with a known acceleration problem.
It has had a tune up, new O2 and MAS sensors relpaced. All filters changed and a feul system cleaning by a dealer, with no improvement.
It has very little acceleration and can barley make it up small hills. It will however eventually get up tp speed. Every once in a while it takes off with normal acceleration and the goes back to no acceleration . I have tried disconecting the MAS and there is no change. I am out of options. Does anyone have a sugjestion? Help!and Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum! Is your truck throwing a check engine light? If so that is the first thing to do is have the code read. Also you might want to check the throttle cable. Over the years they can get strecthed out causing the throttle body to not open all the way. Have some one press the gas pedel to the floor and see if the tb is opening.

if it isn't anything XLT went over, maybe you need to have your transmission checked. they will read "check engine" codes for free, and do free estimates at aamco, or most other transmission places.

welcome

Back