• Register Today It's free!

I need an honest oppinion

1991fordexploder

Reaction score
City, State
Sanford, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT stock
I decided to paint the inside of my grille blue, the shade is "TRUE BLUE" , should i keep this color or should i go silver or a darker blue or what? What do u think?

10nck78.jpg

s1uidg.jpg

I Need Honest Oppinion or advice, Please And thank you in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Honest? Looks out of place. Too light, doesn't really match anything else, looks like you needed a grille and found a blue one and stuck it on there. I think it would look better matching the rest of the truck, but hard to tell what color it is...

agreed...sorry... i'd go with either black or silver or bed liner black ...bed liner may do well to cover up any inperfections with the paint already on there plus it gives a texture to it ,thats good if you have any cracks ...it will fill in the damaged areas and make it all uniform in appearance.

hers a pic of one that i got from someone on the forum and i think they used bedliner type spray paint ....turned out really good .
Grill-Winch.jpg

could do what this person did except for the wire section behind the grill ,you could paint that silver instead of black (if you want a 2 tone look)...that would good as well .

I like the black one.

Match teh inside of your grille to the color of your explorer. I did that a while ago, and it looked pretty cool. It was 1 or 2 shades off, but give it a weeks worth of dirt build up and it looked fine. But I agree with the others, its way out of place, but it is way eye catching lol

thanks

thanks guys i like the bedliner grille too, i never would've thought about that.

Back