• Register Today It's free!

I need help fixing the interior.

ANEWBEE

Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Just got a '92 XLT a couple of days ago.... Needs a lot of work in the interior... Im hoping to find a lot of help on this site to eventually have it decent. Driver seat belt not working correctly.... It seems if I shove it in repeatedly it finally catches... The front windows dont work... Sounds like the motor works just no action. Worst of all the previous owner must have been a smoker cuz it stank. The headliner needs to be replaced... And thats just a start.... Any good ideas to get any of this stuff fixed would be great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

For removing the smoker's stink, try just airing it out on a clear day, and maybe sticking a few bowls of white vinegar in there (but be careful not to get in on the upholstry or carpet). Febreeze also works wonders.

This weekend I had the windshield replace and the driver side window fixed. The motor in the window had to be replaced. Only one more window to fix now. Passanger side. It cost me $65 dollars for the driver side. As for the smoker smell. I have been leaving the windows that do open cracked and put arm and hammer on the corpets and upholstery overnight. It seem to have done the job. ;)
Thanks for the link RickOTR. I thinking about trying it on the passanger side door and saving myself some real money..

My right blinker is not blinking... If I turn it on the light comes on but no blinking action happening.. Anyone know what it could possable be?

Found out the light bulb just needed to replaced for the blinker. DUh!!! And I replaced the seat belt... But today my rear view mirror fell off... Darn mirror....

The local auto parts store should have a kit for remounting the mirror (assuming you mean the inside mirror). Since you just had the windshield replaced, you might be able to have the glass shop reinstall it at no charge as it sounds like they didn't do a good job getting it mounted the first time.

oh another tip for the smokers stank... a small bag of charcoal, slice it open in an X pattern and leave it in your seat for the night...

Back