I need help removing a driver's door panel on my 93 Explorer. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need help removing a driver's door panel on my 93 Explorer.

AllanMoss

Reaction score
City, State
York, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt
I am new to the forum. I have a 93 explorer xlt and a 97 ranger. I am trying to remove the door panel on the drivers side to replace a window motor. I seem to be missing a screw attaching the panel. Does anybody know if there is a screw somewhere at the bottom on the left. The panel should just lift out at this point.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome allan

We made a tool out of flat steel then cut a "U" shaped slot on the end specifically for popping door panels off. Just pull harder or use a screwdriver.

Once you get all the 'christmas tree' clips/plugs un done around the bottom, and sides of the panel, the panel lifts UP about 3 inches, then pull it away from the door shell.

Don't forget to remove the little plastic insert around the handle. I always pull the handle, like I'm opening the door, when taking the door panel off.

Ryan

Yeah taking the panel is kinda hard but I had to make sure all the push pins was out. And when I take one side out the others pushed in so it was kinda a pain. But other than that it was pretty easy.

Back