• Register Today It's free!

I need help with a Ford Taurus.

xltpower

Reaction score
City, State
nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 xlt
Well guys here's a good one for yall .... my brother had his head gaskets replaced by some third string mechanic well everything was fine until he tried to use his windshield washer fluid and nothing came out well when he pushed the button for the windshield washer fluid the car tried to stall.. he tried it again and no fluid came out again it tried to stall once again.. finally he parked it and the car never turned back on.. Well what me and him found out was that the third string mechanic plugged the windshield washer fluid hose where it wasn't suppose to be at im not quite sure if im right but i think the hose was plugged in to a fuel line it as a sensor right above the entrance either its a vacuum line or its a gas line but i think its a gas line.... Well my question to you all is what should we do windshield flood was shot into the lines and now the car wont start... Any help will be greatly appreciated ... the car is a 00 taurus 3.0 sohc

Well guys here's a good one for yall .... my brother had his head gaskets replaced by some third string mechanic well everything was fine until he tried to use his windshield washer fluid and nothing came out well when he pushed the button for the windshield washer fluid the car tried to stall.. he tried it again and no fluid came out again it tried to stall once again.. finally he parked it and the car never turned back on.. Well what me and him found out was that the third string mechanic plugged the windshield washer fluid hose where it wasn't suppose to be at im not quite sure if im right but i think the hose was plugged in to a fuel line it as a sensor right above the entrance either its a vacuum line or its a gas line but i think its a gas line.... Well my question to you all is what should we do windshield flood was shot into the lines and now the car wont start... Any help will be greatly appreciated ... the car is a 00 taurus 3.0 sohc

I am going to guess it is a vacuum line. spray carb cleaner or starter fluid in the throttle body and try to start again.

Check also the alternator.
A broken/not connected hose might squirted windshield fluid into it.

Back