I need help with a P1400 code, and a transmission noise. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need help with a P1400 code, and a transmission noise.

2002eddiebauer

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer EB
Hello I am new to having a Ford Explorer. I love the truck..I bought it at an auction so I took a chance. A few things have come up I am hoping the experts here can help me with. I bought it with check engine light on..truck runs great. It has the 4.6LV8. I took to get inspection sticker here in the peoples republic of assachusetts and they failed it. the guy said "P1400 code. Take it to a dealer" Can I fix this myself?

The other thing which is alot more troubling is when the car is in gear at idle the transmission almost sounds like a heat shield rattle. I checked it out and nothing loose. It goes away when I put my foot on the gas its shifts and all just fine. Its annoying but doesnt seem to be getting worse or affecting how it shifts and/or drives. How worried should I be about this. What is it? I read its possible its the torque converter. I know thats a big project im just hoping i can get some mileage out of it like this.

Thanks for all your help!:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

P1400 is Differentail Pressure Feedback EGR Circuit Low Input. replace ur DPFE sensor.

I recently changed my DPFE Sensor. Mine was throwing P0401. I got it at AutoZone for around $40. It took me about 2 minutes to change with no tools required. Just remove the electrical connector and pull it off the 2 rubber hoses, it's not screwed or bolted to anything. Location with the V8 is behind the throttle body adapter. You have to remove the engine cover to access it.

Here is a scan from my Haynes Manual, location with V6:

picture.php

Here is a picture of mine, V6:

picture.php

Hope this helps out!

replacing EGR pressure on 2002 Mercury Mountaineer V8/Exploter (P1400 engine code)

Just did mine today, it's not that bad. The only tool required is the wrench for removing the engine cover.

Dealer will charge $118 to replace it plus $98 for the OEM sensor, other dealer quoted $63. I just went with BDW for $36 and it has lifetime warranty.

check this link since I store the picture in my iphone.
http://www.fuzzyshot.com/fabainkc/post/tdMNY4maNS/photo/MacOoyx8NG

You need dpfe sensor and torque converter. Torque converter makes noise and you could drive 150k without problems.

Back