Raminator157

Mopar Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Essex Jct Vermont
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Ram 1500
I had somone make me some custom tail lights. They were supose to tint the amber red and then lightly tint the whole tail light black. Well they did the red and totally put thick coats of black tint on my tail lights. What should I do to repair them? Will wet sanding them help? Or will paint thinner work better? They also had a piece of paper over one of them and it stuck to it. So thats what the white is in the tail light.

372207_122_full.jpg

372207_123_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if it was me, whoever was supposed to be doing the job would be buying me new lights

rfuree11 said:
if it was me, whoever was supposed to be doing the job would be buying me new lights

Well there was some confusion between the 2 of us. I am just gonna use paint thinner and take all the tint off. The Red part that was tinted is not coming off from the paint thinner so that is good. I was wet sanding it but I think I did it a little too hard and it actully scratched it up some. But its not really noticeable

Buy new ones and start over man. Paint thinner will make the plastic look all cloudy.

BTW I hope this wasn't a professional shop or anything that did this. If so, it is their obligation to get a clear description of what the customer wants. The paper stuck to the light says that they didn't let them dry thoroughly either.

Those are no use man, hop onto eBay and get a set for like $50. If this was a professional job, I'd be standing at the complaint dpmt right now having them order me a new set of lights, not because of the miscommunication, but the paper stuck to that one, that's just BS.

If you want to do this yourself, perhaps look into Testors Candy Apple paint from a hobby store to do your signal, and head over to StreetBeatCustoms.com for their Smoke Tint spray (like $25 shipped), it's the real stuff, and works extremely well. I would consider this a DIY job after all that. :|

Well, I used paint thinner on it last night and it actully did not make it cloudy. I will post new pics later tonight of them finished.

Back