• Register Today It's free!

i need help

A_PoemToMyself

Reaction score
City, State
Edmond, Ok
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
sup ppl, i have 94 ford explorer XLT, and i dont like it haha, but i was thinkin if i lifted up put some flowmaster on it, new sound system, grill guard, and running boards, but im not a rich boy so i need kind cheap stuff and idk what brands are good and what brands aren't.........would anyone like to help me? plz?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll move this for yea.. :)

haha sorry, as u can c im new here.........search? i dont wanna haha im still trying to fig this place out! haha......and thank u for moving this, but does anyone have idea's? i really need help, im not a car person

Searching is the single best way to learn stuff about your truck. It's alright not being a car person, every one here wasn't a car person at one point in thier life. I know I knew nothing about cars a few years ago and here I am now..

A_PoemToMyself said:
haha sorry, as u can c im new here.........search? i dont wanna haha im still trying to fig this place out! haha......and thank u for moving this, but does anyone have idea's? i really need help, im not a car person

When i started coming here a few months ago I didn't know hardly anything about my explorer, and i've learned a lot. Also try to type in somewhat proper english, it will make it a lot easier for everyone to answer your questions.

well one thing i can tell you is if you cut corners [buying cheep or lesser] accy. to install on your car or any automobile you will be WASTING YOUR MONEY. and it will piss you off beyond belief that you did such a foolish thing in the end. if a big lifted explorer looks **** to you, and you have seen one, want yours like it. then DO NOT GO BUY A 3INCH BODY LIFT AND DROP DOWN KIT. costs vary in location but body kits 100 dollars not installed. drop down kit 3" again vary in price 200 to 600 dollars look in magizes for deals. but this will not, i repeat ,not make your explorer as big as you want .. go big or go home as the saying is said .... save the money and get the 6" suspention with all the top dallar stuff and install it yourself [that way you learn whats been done to your car. often i have found very incompetent underpaid employees in the install dept. of lots of 4x4 shops VERY NOT COOL since its is a very critical area . your suspention that is. audio systems same thing if you want a ridiculously loud system, then dont buy anything untill you have enough money to buy the top notch ****. any brand names would be purely my opinion and would make this thread pehaps explode with opinions rather then answering your question.

you make a very good point. i was thinking about a 5" to 8" lift. whats a good brand name, or a good magazine to look in for this infomation. sorry for all the question, i have no clue about any of this stuff and my mom wont let me sell my car so i want to make it so i like it. thats a very good idea to install it urself, i will do that, also what's a good website to compare prices and see which brand is better? sorry techieman fro not using proper english

well you got a true girl magnet of a car if you do it correctly and dont get cheep. cheep breaks and girls DONT like walking!!!! superlift makes a comercial lift kit that is reasonably priced. however i would check out california super trucks they have a complete fab. and design dept. ao they build there **** from scratch and piece by piece not amanufactured by machines but welded by a dude thats got an engineer and designer leaning over his back checking on the quality and integrity of the product.

sorry didnt mean to end that there. anyhow type" lift " into search on this page and you will see stuff for sale and stuff reguarding first hand involvement with lift kit stuff so read those post and i will bet you find what you are looking for.

girl magnet? hahaha dude i couldnt pick up a girl if i had the cool car there is haha.........but thank you i will do that. Do you have an opinion on sound systems?

Back