• Register Today It's free!

I need HELP!

Eman30

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
94'Explorer
Okay I need this figured out tonight because I have work in the morning.

94 Ex'. I have already removed my a/c condenser and un-plugged the two wire plug on top of my a/c compressor(pic#1L) and unplugged the compressor and the plug on the hose coming from the condenser(pic#1R).

I plan on completly removing my a/c anyways so I decided to start taking my a/c wiring out. I followed the harness from the drivers side to the passenger side where theres two plugs by the heater box(pic #2) and another plug four inches below it that plugs into the engine wiring harness. I did NOT un-plug these. I need to know if it is safe to un-plug them before driving again.

Also when I cut the hose that goes from the condenser straight to the compressor(pic#3) i noticed a green fluid inside just like coolant. Please tell me it was okay to remove this hose and the pug from it and it wasnt to cool my trans. that goes from the condenser straight to the compressor.

160u3ib.jpg

2poxyes.jpg

1z4bs7s.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the green fluid is more than likely dye used to find leaks in an a/c system... does it stain your hands? if so then that is what it is.

dont worry about taking the wireing completely out if you have unpluged the connections at the compressor thats good enough. you can run like you have it but why cut? all those hoses unplug and remove really easy with the right tools and they are cheap at the auto parts store!

Your transmission cooler is a small radiator lookin thing behind the bumper if you cut those lines they bleed red

I've got the right tools I was just making sure nothing would go wrong with me unpluging those to pull the harness out. Im making more room under the hood for a second battery and my cold air set up. I hate how crowded it is under the hood and how hard it is to get to the lower portion of my engine. I want a nice clean look. Im remioving the heater box next weekend and replacing it with a smaller more slim non-a/c box out of a ranger. Im telling you I WANT THIS STUFF GONE! thank you for the help tho

Back