I need major "expert" help deciding!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

I need major "expert" help deciding!!!

new to ford

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester Hills, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
11XLT202A 17Sport401A
be careful with the miles, 10K is not much, unless you are 100% sure you don't need more...

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

jarettp

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited 4wd
There's a lot of features that are dropped on the sport from the limited. Be absolutely sure you don't want/need any of them before going that route.

vig1116

Reaction score
City, State
monmouth, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 sport
The sport with 401a package and moonroof has everything I need and having 3 cars and being retired at 42 (injury) 10500 miles a year is perfect. Coming home with my new 15 sport in an hour or so!!! :). Thanks for all your input guys!!!!!!

sr71_1

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
the truth is that explorers are heavy (4700lbs)….they need the ecoboost HP/TQ to wake them up. Like everything else … unless you've experienced both you'll never appreciate the extra power (it makes a huge difference)

You will not regret your decision - and yes… we use premium fuel.

vig1116

Reaction score
City, State
monmouth, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 sport
the truth is that explorers are heavy (4700lbs)….they need the ecoboost HP/TQ to wake them up. Like everything else … unless you've experienced both you'll never appreciate the extra power (it makes a huge difference)

You will not regret your decision - and yes… we use premium fuel.

Ive had 2 limiteds since "11 and i definitely felt the power was lacking, but figured it was just the way it is... This ecoboost is def worth it for this truck!!

Thanks!!!

HamHands

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Ive had 2 limiteds since "11 and i definitely felt the power was lacking, but figured it was just the way it is... This ecoboost is def worth it for this truck!!

Thanks!!!

Pics of your new Sport??? You just might like it so much you decide to purchase it after your lease...

vig1116

Reaction score
City, State
monmouth, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 sport
only pic is from the lot. All i changed so far were the interior lights and license plate lights. Looking into and thinking about getting a SCT handheld tuner and custom tune already, well see. I may end up buying this in 3 years :)

image upload

vig1116

Reaction score
City, State
monmouth, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 sport
also want to get rid of the blue ford emblems and getting black, but they're asking a lot for them. Hope to find them cheaper

Oh, and they just got in, this past weekend, a 2016 sport in magnetic with the exact same options as mine. Beautiful car!!, but it was $100 more a month. If I didn't just buy a corvette 6 months ago i would've thought about it. With 3 car payments i held back and "suffered" by getting the '15 :D

RealDeal

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
That looks exactly like the one I got. So far I love it! I forgot to mention that I'm in Colorado. The twin turbos are even more important at altitude because I don't lose nearly as much power as a NA engine would in the thinner air. But I'm sure twin turbos are nice in Jersey too!

Jvallejo22

Reaction score
City, State
Providence, RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
thats not bad deal.
i am paying 520 for my explore sport. originally it was $440. but since my state charges a car tax every year, i had my dealership include into the car payment, hence why it went up to $520.
i have a 12,000 miles a year, 36 month lease. i feel like i got a hell of a deal.
4 months into my lease and not a single complain. i love this car.

MtlexSport

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
only pic is from the lot. All i changed so far were the interior lights and license plate lights. Looking into and thinking about getting a SCT handheld tuner and custom tune already, well see. I may end up buying this in 3 years :)

image upload

If you tought the truck was a beast b4 the SCT tune..... you're going to laugh your head off after!!! ;) Trust me!!! hehe... ;)

jc_slick

Reaction score
City, State
New York City, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford Explorer XLT
Awesome ride. The white sports look really nice. That would have been a tough decision for me, but thats a good deal for the price for what you're getting. I have my 2013 sport and loved it since day 1 (never test drove the regular explorers from this generation). My lease is up in January of 2016 and Im kind of iffy on the new version.

Right now I only have about 12,500 miles in 2 and a half years owning the sport. I pay $416 a month ($4,500 down) and $3,000 was knocked off a $48,000+ vehicle. I have the dual panel moonroof, navigation, push button start...changed the license plate lights, added HIDs, cross bars, and was thinking of changing my chrome door handles to tuxedo black door handles from the 2015 sport.