I need major "expert" help deciding!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need major "expert" help deciding!!!

be careful with the miles, 10K is not much, unless you are 100% sure you don't need more...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There's a lot of features that are dropped on the sport from the limited. Be absolutely sure you don't want/need any of them before going that route.

The sport with 401a package and moonroof has everything I need and having 3 cars and being retired at 42 (injury) 10500 miles a year is perfect. Coming home with my new 15 sport in an hour or so!!! :). Thanks for all your input guys!!!!!!

the truth is that explorers are heavy (4700lbs)….they need the ecoboost HP/TQ to wake them up. Like everything else … unless you've experienced both you'll never appreciate the extra power (it makes a huge difference)

You will not regret your decision - and yes… we use premium fuel.

the truth is that explorers are heavy (4700lbs)….they need the ecoboost HP/TQ to wake them up. Like everything else … unless you've experienced both you'll never appreciate the extra power (it makes a huge difference)

You will not regret your decision - and yes… we use premium fuel.

Ive had 2 limiteds since "11 and i definitely felt the power was lacking, but figured it was just the way it is... This ecoboost is def worth it for this truck!!

Thanks!!!

Ive had 2 limiteds since "11 and i definitely felt the power was lacking, but figured it was just the way it is... This ecoboost is def worth it for this truck!!

Thanks!!!

Pics of your new Sport??? You just might like it so much you decide to purchase it after your lease...

only pic is from the lot. All i changed so far were the interior lights and license plate lights. Looking into and thinking about getting a SCT handheld tuner and custom tune already, well see. I may end up buying this in 3 years :)

image upload

also want to get rid of the blue ford emblems and getting black, but they're asking a lot for them. Hope to find them cheaper

Oh, and they just got in, this past weekend, a 2016 sport in magnetic with the exact same options as mine. Beautiful car!!, but it was $100 more a month. If I didn't just buy a corvette 6 months ago i would've thought about it. With 3 car payments i held back and "suffered" by getting the '15 :D

That looks exactly like the one I got. So far I love it! I forgot to mention that I'm in Colorado. The twin turbos are even more important at altitude because I don't lose nearly as much power as a NA engine would in the thinner air. But I'm sure twin turbos are nice in Jersey too!

thats not bad deal.
i am paying 520 for my explore sport. originally it was $440. but since my state charges a car tax every year, i had my dealership include into the car payment, hence why it went up to $520.
i have a 12,000 miles a year, 36 month lease. i feel like i got a hell of a deal.
4 months into my lease and not a single complain. i love this car.

only pic is from the lot. All i changed so far were the interior lights and license plate lights. Looking into and thinking about getting a SCT handheld tuner and custom tune already, well see. I may end up buying this in 3 years :)

image upload

If you tought the truck was a beast b4 the SCT tune..... you're going to laugh your head off after!!! ;) Trust me!!! hehe... ;)

Awesome ride. The white sports look really nice. That would have been a tough decision for me, but thats a good deal for the price for what you're getting. I have my 2013 sport and loved it since day 1 (never test drove the regular explorers from this generation). My lease is up in January of 2016 and Im kind of iffy on the new version.

Right now I only have about 12,500 miles in 2 and a half years owning the sport. I pay $416 a month ($4,500 down) and $3,000 was knocked off a $48,000+ vehicle. I have the dual panel moonroof, navigation, push button start...changed the license plate lights, added HIDs, cross bars, and was thinking of changing my chrome door handles to tuxedo black door handles from the 2015 sport.

Back