polarbearga

Reaction score
City, State
lawrenceville ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 mountaineer
i think i posted this in the wrong place

2003 mountaineer

The vehicle has front and rear a/c climate control ect 1st question about a month ago in the left fear quarter panel something started clicking it gets louder when you turn the rear air blower up. The clicking does not get faster with blower speed just louder.
2nd a few weeks ago the a/c quit compressor not engaging drove home 2 miles the next day it was fine. It did it again a week ago drove it about 5 miles it came on. Worked fine till yesterday started it no a/c when the a/c works it will freeze you out so i really dont think it has a leak or low on freon. I checked fuses swapped relays still nothing the a/c relay was very warm. Tomorrow i will crawl under it and see if there is power engaging the compressor coil i guess it could be a pressure switch hopefully not the climate control module. Just wondering if this is a common problem or something oddball thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think i posted this in the wrong place

2003 mountaineer

The vehicle has front and rear a/c climate control ect 1st question about a month ago in the left fear quarter panel something started clicking it gets louder when you turn the rear air blower up. The clicking does not get faster with blower speed just louder.
2nd a few weeks ago the a/c quit compressor not engaging drove home 2 miles the next day it was fine. It did it again a week ago drove it about 5 miles it came on. Worked fine till yesterday started it no a/c when the a/c works it will freeze you out so i really dont think it has a leak or low on freon. I checked fuses swapped relays still nothing the a/c relay was very warm. Tomorrow i will crawl under it and see if there is power engaging the compressor coil i guess it could be a pressure switch hopefully not the climate control module. Just wondering if this is a common problem or something oddball thanks

Fixed the a/c still has the clicking problem bad connection on compressor

Is the compressor constantly cycling? Check the pressure with a manifold gauge set.

no just wouldn't engage. After wiggling the plug it has been working several days now blows like a refrigerator there were signs of the wire getting hot.
Just wish i could figure out the clicking noise under the l rear plastic panel behind the passenger seat.. If you turn the fan off you can hardly hear it turn the fan up same speed just much louder.

The blend door actuator usually makes the clicking noise.
is there a blend door in the LR quarter if so that could be it. The vents switch fine in the back . I know the easy way is to pull the panel and look but its still to hot here to go and bake in the 95 degree heat to do it lol

Back