• Register Today It's free!

i need some AC part help please

tackleberry

Reaction score
City, State
vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 XLT
i got 2 parts that im not sure if they are correct or not.

good old rock auto says its correct, but the pulley seems a tad larger on the outside so i wanna make sure it may just be a revised part number since new maybe?

all part numbers are for a FORD explorer, 4.0L V6, and should be for year 2005 with auxilary rear climate controls. they are A/C parts.

1. YB-3109 = comes up as AC pulley as no year. 8L2Z-19D784-A comes up with later model years somewhere else, but rock auto has it for an 05, but i dont have access to a proper parts system lookup.

2. YB-3111 / 8L2Z-19D786-A is a clutch (not the plate). it looks different but thats with the old parts still on the car.

are the AC parts from 2006 the same as 2005's?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know the feeling tackleberry. :(

In fairness you are asking a super duper highly specialized question that few, if any folks, even pro's are going to know the answer to. Often lack of responses are not because folks do not want to help, it is because they can't.

thanks. i got more and better answers from people on a different forum that dont deal with these exploders. amazing lol

You may enjoy that site more then is all I can say. If not getting a response in 24 hours on an esoteric question is what you judge a site by, then I'd say by all means go there, not here. Amazing. (shaking head).

Back