I need some information for a part on the manual hub. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need some information for a part on the manual hub.

the mad mick

Reaction score
City, State
nashville tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
91xlt
I have just bought a 91 4x4 explorer with manual front hubs. the drivers side is complete and the lock can be locked and unlocked no problem , however the passenger side hub the piece you turn is missing from the manual hub (the lettering lock and unlock is on it) just leaving a hole there.
Is there any way of locking this hub out permanently(I'll leave the other locked then and engage/disengage the system in the cabin electronically) , or does any one have the piece I need for it I could buy off:feedback: them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

have you checked autozone? they seem to sell a lot of locking hub assemblies by Warn

not yet will soon though thank you ,do you know how to lock it in without the turn piece ?

welcome

this happened to my hubs too, the knob got broken off inside the piece that says lock and unlock. i just used a pair of needle nose pliers to engage and disengage the hub until i got it fixed. and like lounge lizard said, autozone should sell the parts u need to fix it, definately go with warn if u dont already have them.

Back