I Need You!! Please Help Deciding What Wheels to Get. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I Need You!! Please Help Deciding What Wheels to Get.

Im getting 22's for my bagged Explorer can someone share some pics and why you think I should buy those. Im interested in the whole deep dish or big lip look 2 tone colors are nice also. Im having a very hard time deciding on which to buy. My truck is white by the way. Ill post the picture of my truck after deciding which ones to buy.
Thanks;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

The billet specialties look awesome also, ill check em out on their website.
Thanks for everyone givin their opinion. Im kind of leaning towards #6 but if they dont fit i'll have your guys suggestion on other wheels. Chrome does look nice on white.:D

OK so im Deciding on these right here now that I have found it.

I dont know whether to get them twisted or straight.. Give me ur opinion.

Attachments

• Untitled-2b.jpg
    Untitled-2b.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 157

Straight.

Why does straight look better than twisted? I would like your thoughts on this choice. :)

I just don't like directional wheels. Personal preference really.

Word.

And the twisted wheels just look like the type of design that, in a few years down the road, will be outdated, like all of those billet wheels that were popular in the early 90s. The straight design looks classic to me.

You guys give a very good answer. So straight it is. They also have them with out the line in between the spoke. But I think the line gives it some detail. Thank you guys for helping me out, I appreciate it. Ill post pics up when I order then receive them. If theres anything else on your mind just post it.

If theres anything else on your mind just post it.
I'm full from dinner. Good sushi is hard to stop eating. :(

:p: I agree with mounty abot the directional wheels looking dated after a while. I also think you're right about the line in the spoke. Without would look good, but those look different than most smooth 5 spoke wheels. :thumbsup:

MMM, sushi. :)

I agree with you and Froader on that line. Looking forward to seeing those pictures.

word.gif

I agree with Froader and Mounty71 Straight is the way to go :p:

Just curious, but you gonna order these on line? And this is a street machine? Not for o/r?

Just curious, but you gonna order these on line? And this is a street machine? Not for o/r?

Yes my truck is currently bagged on 20's and I wanted to upgrade to 22's.
After I finish working on my truck im thinking of getting another Explorer to lift.

Got it... Those rims up there have a lot of open space. So you got shiny rotors and painted calipers already, right? Or is that in the budget? You know how it is, the first thing fellas see will be rusty looking calipers... I think I saw your Ex posted, white, w/the wheels leaning out?

Yes im going to order these online if not, over the phone. The company is close to where I live, in Huntington Beach I think. Hopefully they have a pickup option.
They are going to be custom made to fit. Intro Custom Wheels. My truck is currently bagged on 20's and I wanted to upgrade to 22's.
After I finish working on my truck im thinking of getting another Explorer or Ranger to lift.
Its a cruiser. (street machine)

Nice! Check that spacing though... those wavy ones look different. I go with these guys too... good choice.

Nice! Check that spacing though... those wavy ones look different. I go with these guys too... good choice.

Yes, im going to upgrade the rotors and the brakes and I was thinking of painting the satin part of the wheel white so it would look 2 toned. Its gonna look nice. I have to get the roll pan done also. Dont you like how the wheels lean? I have some major camber fixing to do and im going to cut the wheel wells so i wont rub. I was thinking of dropping the rear more but I would have to cut through the floor( tubbing, and new linkage, fuel cell etc.) and what i have noticed is that a lot of people that do that have no backseats and limited trunk space.:eek:
So im cool with the way it is now.

Back