I new it had to happen once day | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I new it had to happen once day

SOHC bullet proof it
Manual tensioners
Supercharger
= mint ass SOHC
Ill put it up against A v8 Explorer any day :burnout:
Yep I left a 07 explorer a few weeks back in my SOHC 99 these things are tanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dont get me wrong, the SOHC has done nothing but impress me! (im at 320k now on ogirinal SOHC/5r55e and original timing guides until 2 years ago) i just want more afermarket options, hence the v8... but mainly, i want the tranny behind it ;)

I have both the 5R55E and the 4R70W. While the 5R is buttery smooth, that 4R70W will shrug off just about anything. Bulletproof.

I have both the 5R55E and the 4R70W. While the 5R is buttery smooth, that 4R70W will shrug off just about anything. Bulletproof.

Almost bulletproof, the 6R80 is a level above that. I'll sell you a 4R after I make the swap, if I don't use it in my 351C-4V Ranchero.

SOHC bullet proof it
Manual tensioners
Supercharger
= mint ass SOHC
Ill put it up against A v8 Explorer any day. @donalds

^^^^ Hell yes!!!

SOHC bullet proof it
Manual tensioners
Supercharger
= mint ass SOHC
Ill put it up against A v8 Explorer any day. @donalds

^^^^ Hell yes!!!
Yep I love my sohc I'm going to be getting a reman engine soon just because I'm at 265k and the rattle is loud as hell but that thing moves for a v6

Me and Fix4Dirt went OFFROADING AT THE SAME PLACE LAST SATURDAY !.....but our schedules were off so didn't meet up.... here's how my Sploder left the place.... FIX... pics of yours or it didn't happen ! !
SPLODER MUD.jpg

Me and Fix4Dirt went OFFROADING AT THE SAME PLACE LAST SATURDAY !.....but our schedules were off so didn't meet up.... here's how my Sploder left the place.... FIX... pics of yours or it didn't happen ! ! View attachment 428335
4B71A2B5-33C9-4D3E-9F90-74DEBA321AA1.jpeg
5B00CD9A-9940-410D-B33E-B880624688E8.jpeg
9AC5BC48-9F96-437D-94EE-B899451C77BF.jpeg

;) i'll have to head out there again! had a blast there, so hopefully I'll be back out soon!

King of the mountain there....
TOP.jpg

/\ Yeah....there's two ways to get there.... a shortcut where you cut left in one of the only two openings between the K-rails on main road down....or when you get to bottom of main road you veer left around 3 sets of hills .... unfortunately a bunch of yahoo's with guns shot up a gazillion bottles/ car windows at main base before hill so you have to route around that as best you can and have some tough tires as well...

It's extremely challenging to find a nice 2nd gen explorer around here that someone doesn't want over 7k for. 2 door sports are even more challenging.

It's extremely challenging to find a nice 2nd gen explorer around here that someone doesn't want over 7k for. 2 door sports are even more challenging.
understandable! ill keep an eye out, as youe not all that far from me!

I see prices have gone up a lot. My 98 AWD white Limited I may be able to sell for something near the $3k I gave for it, that's good at least.

You just have to be vigilant. The good ones show up and are gone in 2 hours.

Back