• Register Today It's free!

I popped my cherry!

Foggman

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 2dr Sport
I Installed my very first locker!!! Well tonight I installed an Aussie Locker in my front end...all I have to say is WOW! what a job! Keep in mind this is the first experience I have EVER had with gears personally. Everything came apart alright until it came to the bolt that acts like a hinge on the 3rd member. To get that bolt out I had to remove my radius arm (superlift extended arm). and then while putting the actual locker in the carrier I of course had to clearance the carrier a little bit on one side but found that the small spacer that comes with the kit needs to go on the C-clip/passenger side before the locking Cam goes on on that particular side, otherwise I couldn't have gotten the cross shaft in place..I found this out after putting the whole thing together just like the directions said and having to take half of it apart again to make it work. But all in all I did the "test" laid out by Aussie Locker and everything seems to work just fine. Hopefully I will take it out on the trail this weekend or next to really "test" it out. :thumbsup:

I was going to call in a little bit to see if you finished but I guess so. Is everything back together?

awesome! this modification is definately in the cards for me as well as a set of 4:56 or 4:88 gears

Awesome. You'll love the capability. The few times I've locked my front hubs this summer the traction has been amazing. I still need to get my rear aussie installed. Anyone have some side gear thrust washers they don't need???

Back