• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

I put 35s on my 3rd gen...

Ryan Rives

Reaction score
City, State
Madison, Mississippi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

domct203

Pilots The Beast
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLS
I think you are going to have a lot of fender rub.
Not planning any challenging off road trails I hope, the rears look one good flex away from ripping off the plastic fender trim

How much lift on the truck?

I have 32x10.50’s with 2” of strut lift + 3” of body lift and when flexed on a challenging rut filled trail I’ll rub slightly with the front wheels turned close to lock.

3C15F9E5-4D0E-41B9-BBB4-EAA63E62D5E0.jpeg

AEC5CB2D-9777-4760-9626-245F21B8D9B3.jpeg

Ryan Rives

Reaction score
City, State
Madison, Mississippi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT
What do y’all think?
I think you are going to have a lot of fender rub.
Not planning any challenging off road trails I hope, the rears look one good flex away from ripping off the plastic fender trim

How much lift on the truck?

I have 32x10.50’s with 2” of strut lift + 3” of body lift and when flexed on a challenging rut filled trail I’ll rub slightly with the front wheels turned close to lock.

View attachment 180007

View attachment 180008
Just 3 in btf strut spacers, the reason the rear is so low in the pics is because i was hauling my old tires and rims on a hitch haul. It looks good as hell and yeah i trimmed a little bit here and there but it’s definitely worth it. I have always loved oversized tires and I couldn’t stick with the 265/75/16 recommendations and 285/75/16s werent enough to satisfy me😂

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
EF Vendor
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
Looks good, but I agree it looks like Rub City.

Mike65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
In my garage working on one of our vehicles.
City, State
Toms River, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Ranger 4x4, 99 Sport.
Welcome Ryan. I like the look.