I scraped my Sport side rim | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I scraped my Sport side rim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ouch! Sadly this is one of my great fears as I drive... First world problems right?

Depends on how bad you got it... Upload a pic and I'm sure you'll get a bunch of opinions...

Cheers....

Rim doctor her locally has worked some magic.

You should be ok depending on the type of damage.

Any number of places can handle the fix unless it's too,deep. It's moments like this one that I would take that wheel and leave it as a full size spare and then buy a new rim and tire setup to replace the scratched one. Just a thought. I think this truck is the first I have owned that doesn't have a full size spare. Just another cost cutting measure like the cheap leather ford has added to the line up.

I've had my aftermarket and stock wheels repaired both costing about $50 - $100 per repair.

Another reason I like my 17" Winter wheels over my OEM 20's.

Peter

17's? Curious to see how that looks.

I don't think 20" is enough on these trucks.

The two tone of the sport wheel do make repairs a bit more complex.

17's? Curious to see how that looks.

I don't think 20" is enough on these trucks.

The two tone of the sport wheel do make repairs a bit more complex.
Difference in diameter is 0.50 inches but gives a noticeably better ride.

Peter

Do you have any pictures?

I scraped 3 out of 4 of my rims over the first two weeks of ownership. Never scraped a rim in more than 25 years of driving before that. It was an awful feeling scraping them. I got them all fixed. Although it was not cheap. It cots me $175 per rim but they did an awesome job fixing them. The bad thing was they needed the rims for a month as they were super busy. It was OK because I just put my winter rims and tires on. I used Wheel Works, they are local and do an excellent job.

Any recommended place in NYC to get it done? And also where is the place to purchase a new oem sport rim? Thnx

Any recommended place in NYC to get it done? And also where is the place to purchase a new oem sport rim? Thnx
EBay. Or Levittown ford......

Attachments

• DSC_0248a_1.JPG
    DSC_0248a_1.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 630
  • P3110188_1.JPG
    P3110188_1.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 616

Back