I see into the Future: Tellico Summer 2005 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I see into the Future: Tellico Summer 2005

XplorerKid

Rolling on 37"s
Reaction score
City, State
Winter Haven Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Xplorer
Hey guys, i was talking to JasonB about goign to Tellico Next summer, at first i was jsut joking around, but ide love to go there. But now ive talked my Mom into goig nthere next summer for Vacation. He says hes Game, and i was woundering if any one else would be Game to go. HE said that the peopel he rides with Rather Camp, but i just want to put it out there, that if we have enough people, and yall want to stay in a hotel room, my mom is a travel agent and can get a discount rate. I know Summer 2005 is far away. But im jsut woundering if there is enough interest. We would both like to shoot for sometime in June. Please post in here if you are interested!!!!! Thanks :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm really interested.
I've read about that place alot and would really like to go.
Now to convince my parents to let me tow my ex out there with our Excursion.
I wouldn't want to drive that far with my ex.
June would probably work best for me, as I have a family reunion in July.

Im game! I will be there if kid is going.

JTX said:
Im game! I will be there if kid is going.

:eek: YOur gunna come all the way from New Mexico? Wow man!!!!! If everythign goes right, this will happen. What do yall perfer? Camping in tents? or a Hotel Room?

Camper for me. Senior trip man! Wheres tellico? Not that it matters lol.

Oh yeah i will be there. Thats not that far. lol

I'd rather do the tent deal. Cheaper and more fun!!

That's a long way in the future but sure I'd join if it doesn't conflict with any schedule I might have then. FYI, If you want to come in June it may be pretty hot and muggy; camping out might not be very comfortable that time of year.

If you've still got 31" tires, I strongly recommend you get some 33's on before coming... and plan on some minor body damage.

I'd be interested, it's not that far from me and I'd rather go with a group :).
Especially if it's a family oriented kind of trip, cause i'd want to bring my wife and step daughter (she'll be 8).

GJarrett said:
That's a long way in the future but sure I'd join if it doesn't conflict with any schedule I might have then. FYI, If you want to come in June it may be pretty hot and muggy; camping out might not be very comfortable that time of year.

If you've still got 31" tires, I strongly recommend you get some 33's on before coming... and plan on some minor body damage.

Well by than i hope to be on bigger than 33"s... but if all else fails and im still on 31"s no worries, Chicks dig dents and scratches :p

XplorerKid said:
but if all else fails and im still on 31"s no worries, Chicks dig dents and scratches :p

but everyone won't dig waiting for you on everything :p
slap a solid axle under there and some 35s and call it done.

this is LONG way away but if all is good at that point i'll be up for it.

and kid is bringing his mom in case any of you old guys are lonely... :D

jasonb said:
and kid is bringing his mom in case any of you old guys are lonely... :D

That is to funny! Got a pic of her? :p

i asked if she was a MILF he said no.

jasonb said:
i asked if she was a MILF he said no.

ROFLMAO!!!

I'd love to make this run but that's just a bit far!

Ugh, guys shes Married to my dad :rolleyes:

Only reason i msot likely wont be bringing him is he will complaine about every little thing. LOL

Im kinda losing faith in the Explorer, But who knows...... its jsut turning into the biggest POS right now. Hopefully i wont completely give up... But who knows...

But if i still got it im game, and Jason the plan is to have a SAS by than :p

I'll definatley have either 33's or 34's by then!! Hoping for 35's! :bounce:
:burnout:

Id probably be interested in a tellico run. JUst figure up a date.

Matt

I'm in. Gerald, Jason and myself got very aquianted last trip i was on ;)

I think i have all the bugs worked out, but you know how that goes.

Gerald is 100% correct about 33's. When i was there, we had a few guys on 33's and that is defiantly the smallest that i'd want to go. I believe that all the trucks with 33's were sports too???

Sure 31s COULD make some of it, but like Jason said we'd be waiting for you everywhere. This is just for anyone who is thinking about going.

I'll plan my life around this trip. LOL unless i'm able to make a trip out west. :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I can find a tow-rig and a trailor (maybe dads '03 sport)... Ill go :p
Ill have 35's by then... that ain't no thang.

Shane

Back