I Selected Advanced for the MFT - MyFord Touch Voice Command Menu Setting | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I Selected Advanced for the MFT - MyFord Touch Voice Command Menu Setting

drober30

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Blanc, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 302A
I went in and changed the setting to "Advanced" in the voice command section of the settings menu and I really like the extra speed and not having to hear the sync lady state "say a command" every time I push the voice button.

If the system fails to recognize what your asking it to do after a couple of attempts, it still provides some help statements.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've thought about changing to the "Advanced" setting to help speed things up. But have been holding myself back from changing the setting until I learned more of what I can and cannot say. Such as the difference between "Dial Bob" and "Call Bob". One is allowed, the other is confusing SYNC. But, like you said, if I say something it doesn't understand it will provide help. It isn't like a baseball bat comes out of the dash and knocks me over the head. OR DOES IT?!?!?! :)

I've thought about changing to the "Advanced" setting to help speed things up. But have been holding myself back from changing the setting until I learned more of what I can and cannot say. Such as the difference between "Dial Bob" and "Call Bob". One is allowed, the other is confusing SYNC. But, like you said, if I say something it doesn't understand it will provide help. It isn't like a baseball bat comes out of the dash and knocks me over the head. OR DOES IT?!?!?! :)

Nope, no baseball bat! If you have the new upgrade software, it wont even fight back by freezing up!:D

Advanced is definitely the way to go.Listening to one female voice on a long trip is enough. My wife now says Please say a command when I'm talking to her. Finally got her broke in. Now she's freezing up on me. Do wives come with an update.

I don't think I've ever not had it on advanced, I don't remember her ever talking. If you need help w/ commands you can just ask for help after pressing the voice button.

advanced is definitely the way to go.listening to one female voice on a long trip is enough. My wife now says please say a command when i'm talking to her. Finally got her broke in. Now she's freezing up on me. Do wives come with an update.
Now you've gone and done it!:D:D

Do wives come with an update.

Must resist temptation to make smart a$$ remark about a wife update in case I ever leave the web browser open and on this forum. :)

Back