I think i will need fender flares..... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I think i will need fender flares.....

92 EB SFA

Hmmmm 15x10 rim's with 2.75"BS are the future home of some 35x15x15 boggers.... think i need fender flares?
Oh ya i am kinda in the middle of my SAS, wish me luck :)

post-18-1066696046.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could also consider fiberglass fenders if that interests you. Good luck on the SAS! Be sure to post pics of your progress!

nah i seen what happend to glass fenders at -40, they just shatter into 1000000 pieces.
might just grab some 4" wide lawn edgeing

Jacked93 is running 15x10s with somewhere around 2.5" BS. This is an approximate width you should expect.

OH, and GOOD LUCK with the SAS!!!!:D

Attachments

• jackedx.jpg
    jackedx.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 529

HOLY CHIT!!!!!
it's not going to fit out my garage door :eek:
just waiting for coils, got a line on some 7" WH coils cheap and it's a good thing i dont have the coil buckets on yet i may need to raise em a few inches from stock :D

Sob, Sob weep weep......I only wish mine was starting so I could have fun with it. But I must build a garage/shop first. No way I am going to start it outside!!

Is that thing painted red or are my eyes playing tricks on me? So what is it D30? I can't tell.

Originally posted by Hotweels
HOLY CHIT!!!!!
it's not going to fit out my garage door :eek:
just waiting for coils, got a line on some 7" WH coils cheap and it's a good thing i dont have the coil buckets on yet i may need to raise em a few inches from stock :D

HAHAHAHA! I can just see the midnight thread. "MY SAS IS COMPLETE....BUT I CAN"T GET IT OUT OF MY GARAGE!" HELP!!!!
rofl.gif
jump.gif

7" WH Coils? I didn't even know they made them. And why would you want that much? Most guys here run the 3.5" or the 5.5".

Is that thing painted red or are my eyes playing tricks on me? So what is it D30? I can't tell.
It's a 1/2 thick tube Hi-pinion D44 and yes its red anodized paint.... bling bling :D

7" WH Coils? I didn't even know they made them. And why would you want that much? Most guys here run the 3.5" or the 5.5".
The coils where a special order and the guy that wanted them found out he could not use em so i am hammering out a deal, my whole goal in this is getting a SFA for LESS than 5.5" TTB lift so if i gott's to do some ghetto fab i will.
PS dont worry i "think" i know what i am doing :D

Originally posted by Hotweels
It's a 1/2 thick tube Hi-pinion D44 and yes its red anodized paint.... bling bling :D

The coils where a special order and the guy that wanted them found out he could not use em so i am hammering out a deal, my whole goal in this is getting a SFA for LESS than 5.5" TTB lift so if i gott's to do some ghetto fab i will.
PS dont worry i "think" i know what i am doing :D

Oh OK then I will watch this thread with much anticipation!!!! Will there be any pics of you dropping this axle on your foot?? hehehe:D

i noticed you have a fan on your tranny cooler. that does not look to be the factory tranny coller either. But did you notice any improvement with the fan ?? Also will it help me even tho i only have the stock tranny cooler??

But did you notice any improvement with the fan ?? Also will it help me even tho i only have the stock tranny cooler??
Yep that is a flexalite cooler with fan assist cooler and yes it does help a bit but i am not satisfied with it 100%, The next thing i will do is bypass the cooler lines into the rad so the tranny is independant of engine temp but right now my tranny is toast anyway.... still on the hunt for a good C5 to go in there.

Oh OK then I will watch this thread with much anticipation!!!! Will there be any pics of you dropping this axle on your foot?? hehehe

:rolleyes:

Got a bit more done in the last few day's hard doing the swap and working full time :(
NEED COILS NEED COILS NEED COILS
pic's are here http://www.4wheeler.ca/ just click gallery / projects / hotwheels :D

Dang you're that far along alrready!? When did you start on this?

Why is it that some guys get one done in a week and others take 6 months? I will be one of the guys that takes 6 months from conception to completion I imagine. I want to have everything fabbed up and ready so that the time frame for install is short. Then get a bunch of beer and Pizza and offer it to all that want to come and weld/help.

Hmm maybe that's not such a good idea....better hold off on the beer until after the work is completed.

I can just see beer can welded to the frame etc.

Originally posted by AlaskanJack
I can just see beer can welded to the frame etc.

:chug: You mean that's not part of the body lift...hic..hic.....:chug:

LOL..

Coming along nicely Hotwheels, can't wait to see it finished..

Originally posted by Campo
:chug: You mean that's not part of the body lift...hic..hic.....:chug:

LOL..

Coming along nicely Hotwheels, can't wait to see it finished..

Oh yea I can see it now my Sig would read ...."Custom Coors/Budweiser 8" body lift AKA the 6-Pack Lift":D :chug:
drunkard.gif
[Automated by GetSmile]

Subscribe.

Lookin good man, cant wait to see the finished product :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why is it that some guys get one done in a week and others take 6 months?
Cause #1 others dont do there research.... plan plan and plan some more and #2 they dont have all the parts before they start ;) .
I wanted to have all the pieces before i started but i dont and am playing the waiting game now, my 4.56's are back orderd and still waiting on the coil's.
This is a winter project for me so it may take a while but i will do it right wich is the most important part.

Back