I think my wires are crossed or my truck is possessed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I think my wires are crossed or my truck is possessed

jyancole

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie Bauer
Ok so my 2002 EB Explorer V8 is acting crazy. First when I am driving and push the rear defrost button the interior light comes on for about 5 seconds and the door ajar message pops up and stays on until the rear defrost is done or i push the button again to turn it off manually. Second when the key is not in the ignition the driver side door lock button does not work. Third when I use the remote to lock my truck the security system dings once immediately and takes about 15 minutes to ding the second time instead of the normal two dings immediately to say all doors are shut and the system is armed. I checked all the relative fuses today and found no problems. PLEASE HELP!!!!!! I have a bad feeling about taking this one to the shop..........

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any after market stuff wired into it?
Im thinking like a remote start or something.

Nope no extras. I'm thinking this is heading toward a mechanic's bay. It's not affecting the driving of the vehicle yet so I'm gonna hold off to see if any other "hints" pop up and so I can store up some cash

This is about the 4th or 5th person to have that defroster switch/interior light problem within the last month on the 2002/2003 explorers, search around a bit, I know they all got the problems fixed relitively easy, I think it was just an exposed wire or something like that, but now 100% sure

I've had this problem for a while and, believe it or not, i've been searching for the past seven months with no avail. apparently I am not at good at searching as you are. but I am thankful you are because this will save me A LOT of MONEY!!!! i can almost guarantee this will fix it but i will post upon completion and will create a new post with detailed pictures

Yep, that problem is what led me to this board. Mine was the black wire in the door. I fixed it and the thing is back to normal now. Amazing how much a single little ground wire can mess with. It is an easy fix just I hope yours isn't like mine and broke so short on one end that it is hard to splice.
STU

I've had this problem for a while and, believe it or not, i've been searching for the past seven months with no avail. apparently I am not at good at searching as you are. but I am thankful you are because this will save me A LOT of MONEY!!!! i can almost guarantee this will fix it but i will post upon completion and will create a new post with detailed pictures

Please post your results in this thread. Basically once someone like BrianDye or myself respond to the thread we are automatically subscribed to it. So it will email us with an update so we can see what your results were. By the way, BrianDye gave me the idea to search using just two key words "defrost interior".
I hope this solves your problem.

Back