I wanna be like Boomin (my Worklog) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I wanna be like Boomin (my Worklog)

Ok so ive started the transformation, From little 2wd, to Big 2wd. :thumbsup: Got my Bodylift and gears here friday, did the TT, and the Body Lift today. Tommorow the rear axle is coming out, and finish up all the little things left to do for the Body Lift. Chris(Boomin) has been a BIG help in this, ive asked him lots of Questions, and while slow, he always answers them, most the time i bug him hes at work so i understand his slow response. Thanks Chris, doubt i woulda got another explorer if it wasnt for yours. My wheels should be here Monday, than ill go get the tires mounted. Also im waiting for my Spindles to be delivered. So till than the tires cant go on. My tire of Choice was 37x12.50 Goodyear MT/R. I chose this tire mainly cause the Goodyear store is right down the road, i like having road hazzard so i can just do down there and get them to pull and plug a nail hole or w/e. Also they have 6 months no payments, that way i can slowly pay off these expensive tires. If it wasnt for that ide be rolling on some Swampers.

Also the truck i was gunna be using to pick my tires up with is no more, My best friend rolled his truck last night. Somebody cut him off, and he slammed on brakes and hit a curve and rolled it. It had been raining so the roads were wet. :( Luckily he is alive with only a minor cut on his leg

Heres some pics from last night and today, All i did last night was clean the garage up, and get the truck in there.

-Caleb

All pics taken with a Cell Phone Cam, so they arent best quality, for final pics ill have to fine my Digi camera

Attachments

• Aug26_002.jpg
    Aug26_002.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 706
  • Aug26_011.jpg
    Aug26_011.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 688
  • Aug27_001.jpg
    Aug27_001.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 697

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

shinay!!! Good job so far!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I think some 37" MT/R's will make those wheels look a lot better. :D

P.S. - Somebody stole your front end! :p

WOOOOOT! :D

Got the tires today, also my axle is ready, so ill pick it up tommorow...

Attachments

• Aug30_004.jpg
    Aug30_004.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 334
  • Aug30_005.jpg
    Aug30_005.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 342
  • Aug30_006.jpg
    Aug30_006.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 326

do you think 37's will fit?? and did you buy your explorer off ebay?

Kickass Caleb. Those 37's are fat.

heh, break out the air saw, otherwise dont load down hte rear, heh

common, ya know ya could fit all them in the jeep, just need a rope, should fit on top of the center console piece, maybe the spare tire carrier, heh, ya prolly still remember that day

The rear is not at final lift, The rear is just sitting there with an axle on jacks stands.... No i bought my Explorer over in Tamapa FL,

and FFN, i remember that day very well, i was scared as hell driving down the rode, had to get my dad to bring the tires home in his truck, no way in hel l ide fit them in my moms carolla....

And yes these tires will fit, a little trimming is all that should be be needed :D

Going outside to do some work now..

My exact lift, no running boards and no lower bumper peice and they should fit with minimal rub.

Now would be a great time to cut off that rear piece and run a rear spare tire bumper around there. :D Looks good so far Caleb. Can't wait to see it done (which will hopefully be soon)! :thumbsup:

bmxking5 said:
Now would be a great time to cut off that rear piece and run a rear spare tire bumper around there. :D Looks good so far Caleb. Can't wait to see it done (which will hopefully be soon)! :thumbsup:

Spindles came today, so it will be done this weekend, unless i run into some major prob, Getting the Spring Perches today at work....

Ill try and post some pics tonight, as i got to go to work....

I hate camera phones.

/me tracks the history of those wheels................

-manufactured somewhere in the world
-make there way to Adam Foote in Kelly, TX (not sure if steps skipped here)
-make there way to Robb in Richmond, Va
-make there way to boomin in Va Beach, Va
-make there way to kid in Winter Haven, Fl

Those wheels probably have more miles in shipping, than being driven!!! :D

Looking good so far Caleb! :p

hey caleb, whatever happened to the black rims off my old PJ's , those could of worked

truck looks real good, those 37 manage to fill in the wheel wells pretty nicely too! BTW what gear ratio will you be running with those huge tires?

BigDave!!! said:
truck looks real good, those 37 manage to fill in the wheel wells pretty nicely too! BTW what gear ratio will you be running with those huge tires?

had 4.88s installed, Which with my calculations should be within around 30 rpms of what i was running with the old tires and old gear ration...

PS: whats the trick to getting the ABS sensor out...

Pics from tonight, my boss told me to take off the rest of the week to work on my truck, dont know if im going to or not though, with gas rising, i need to make some $$$, and he owes me for a couple weeks pay...

Like i said heres pics from tonight with the SOA, I still gotta weld on the perches, but gotta get the welder from my bros house...

Attachments

• Aug31_002.jpg
    Aug31_002.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 277
  • Aug31_003.jpg
    Aug31_003.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 274

IAmTodd said:
I hate camera phones.
said the upskirt king, Todd :nono:

and Caleb i can see one of your next posts,

ExplorerKid said:
Well i got the rest of the month off from work, because broke my ankle from jumping the ten feet down from the driver's seat. But here is a crapy pic of my new Chicken Sandwich decal! what do you guys think????

j/k, sorry i really had to do that, and the truck looks AWESOME :D :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup: :D good luck

Back