• Register Today It's free!

I wanna paint my interior.

CHiPZ

Reaction score
City, State
The Nutmeg State
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Explorer Sport Shoppin
New to site. I have a 94 XLT Black with Tan interior. I want to change my interior to Black/Red, what can I use to paint the panels and stuff.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Theres a special paint they make, usually comes in a spray can, made for spraying the interior of a car. Can't remember what it's called, I know somebody else on here has to know what it is.

You could probably use some other stuff, but I know this stuff is made specifically for interiors.

Originally posted by RFR2212
Search... others have already painted their interiors...

Thanks. Never though about that.

I painted my interior panels with duplicolor vinyl dye. Bought it at wal-mart....click on the "my pics" link to see.

hey
what department is that paint (at walmart) in? I looked but didnt see it the other day.
Thanks

I believe I found it in the auto department....You should be able to find one at a local pep boys or autozone as well....call ahead so you dont waste your gas.

by the way....you need to check this site out!
here we need some people from Louisiana

Originally posted by Brandon4AU
I painted my interior panels with duplicolor vinyl dye. Bought it at wal-mart....click on the "my pics" link to see.

Yeah I seen your pics in that 5 page post. What did you use flat black or semi-gloss. I want alittle gloss almost like a saten I guess.

brandon
One of my best friends also drives a fixed up explorer. i might be able to try to get a few people from around here.

ChipZ, Mine is a gloss.

Zman, That would be cool we need to get some people to rep Louisiana.....still need some Arkansas people too and more from the other states included! Thanks again

Originally posted by Brandon4AU
ChipZ, Mine is a gloss.

Zman, That would be cool we need to get some people to rep Louisiana.....still need some Arkansas people too and more from the other states included! Thanks again

I'll start with semi, if it's not what I want I'll try high gloss.

Hey Brandon where did you get those blue needles on your gages or did they come with the white face gages. thanks

The gauges use your original needles. I bought a sharpie and colored them blue myself.

Back