I want to do a 1" or 2" body lift, not a 3", What should I buy? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I want to do a 1" or 2" body lift, not a 3", What should I buy?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

140327-5782dca716766cb7bec74d3bce761259.jpg
140328-df08dc316a0f4477c608f25057d62027.jpg

Here are the bolts I made, welded them with a 3/32 7018 on my little 120v stick welder, (my only dc welder) I had it turned all the way up. I got the bodly lift bushings installed yesterday, but no pics of that yet. Bolts worked very well, no issues with them at all except for the one by the e-brake cable being just a little too long. I ended up cutting it down with a mini hack saw after the whole set was installed/ torqued/ loctited.

Still figuring out about what I am going to do with the steering, I think I may go to a wrecker and get a steering column slip joint and make my own extension.

That's one way to do it. Where did you purchase the body pucks?

Got the body lift bushings from amazon.

Yes. There are 2 by the radiator, 4 under the carpet up front, 2 by the flap that sits against the rear seats, and 2 in the back under the carpet. This is for a 4 door.

Awesome thanks. I also have a 4 door. So now I know for when I get mine.

Keep the pictures coming, I want to do this too. I was thinking about making 1" spacers lots good info here.

IMG_20180528_134635.jpg
I made some brackets to relocate the rear bumper. Used 3"x2"x 1/4" angle. Here is a pic of one of the brackets with a coat of rustoleum rusty metal primer. I painted them black later.

I also figured out how I am going to extend the steering column. I am going to weld 2 slip joints together, using the shaft as a jig, so everything is lined up 100% correctly.

looking good !

been tired after work.. painted a little on the frame where it was rusting and installed the bumper relocation brackets though.
IMG_20180531_151822.jpg

Your Re-location brackets how long are they? That looks good.

So, the relocation brackets dont quite fit, started clearancing them today, when I finish reshaping them I will post new pictures.

So, I ended up having to trim quite a bit and it was really hot, I planned to take pictures, but when I was test fitting and it finally fit I just bolted it up tight.

Back