I want to install a tachometer in my 1994 Aerostar. How do I do it? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I want to install a tachometer in my 1994 Aerostar. How do I do it?

don-ohio

Reaction score
City, State
jackson,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Aerostar extended
I have a 1994 Aerostar without the electronic(digital)speedometer that I had on my `93 Eddie Bauer.
I REALLY miss having the tachometer and want to know the easiest and best tach to buy or what to do to install one?
I'm sure I'm not the first to do this,and any help is appreciated.This is the speedo that only registers to 90,which is okay.Thanks! don-ohio :)^)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

install an instrument cluster from a F-150 which is analog and contains a tach.

Thanks,Brooklyn and Jose for responding.
I'd like a digital,Brooklyn and it's a 4.0 engine. Jose,how would you wire it up? Things like oil pressure,temp,voltage and speedo?
Sounds great but I'd need details. I know from my search that you did do this. don-ohio :)^)

I haven't done it to mine, but if you want Digital, it doesn't exist unless you add a tach outside of the instrument cluster.

Attachments

• digitaldash05.jpg
    digitaldash05.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 797

No,Jose,I could be fine with the regular readout.....I just wonder how hard it is to convert that dash to mine?
Brookln,what is that fitted on?An Aerostar? Verrrrry cool!
Oh...okay I went to the link.Thanks!don-ohio :)^)

Back