I want to lift my 2003 Explorer Sport. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I want to lift my 2003 Explorer Sport.

jgcoffey33

Reaction score
City, State
Central Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport
I just got my explorer sport last week and Im ready to lift it up. Im thinking about getting just a body lift kit for now. Any ideas how much they are to install? I know they arent that expensive, but I was told I need to get a leveling kit as well as the body kit or other parts are going to **** the bed after a while. Any ideas on pricing and your own personal opinions/help would be greatly appreciated:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got my explorer sport last week and Im ready to lift it up. Im thinking about getting just a body lift kit for now. Any ideas how much they are to install? I know they arent that expensive, but I was told I need to get a leveling kit as well as the body kit or other parts are going to **** the bed after a while. Any ideas on pricing and your own personal opinions/help would be greatly appreciated:thumbsup:

Search BTF spacer if you wanna go with a spacer setup vs a body lift. Most shops won't install a body lift since technically there isn't one designed for the 3rd gen Explorer. Its a liability that alot of places won't take. Honestly I'd go with the BTF spacers.

do you have a website that may have those parts?

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the shocks, suspensions, and lift kits section. We have a vendor on this site with the parts that you need. Check BTF as previously suggested.

Do not check BTF. That lift system is for the next generation Explorer.

cheeper way would be a tortion twist and warrior shackles.with just that i got 33" and the body lift i got 35"s with just a litle cuttin
Can you expand on the torsion twist for me, I am not familiar with this method. Thanks man.

Can you expand on the torsion twist for me, I am not familiar with this method. Thanks man.

You cannot do a Torsion Twist with your truck because it does not have torsion bars, you have to go the spacer route as far as suspension lift is concerned.

You don't have torsion bars. This lift is for 95-01 4 door, and 95+ Sports.

You cannot do a Torsion Twist with your truck because it does not have torsion bars, you have to go the spacer route as far as suspension lift is concerned.

You can do the TT with the sport. its based off a second gen explorer. the 4 door model is not.

Performance accessories 3" body lift pa 883
search torsion twist but be warned you will need adjustable camber bolts and an alignment
warrior shackles give another 1 3/4
so thats about 5" of lift for under $400

Back