i wrecked my sploder yesterday. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

i wrecked my sploder yesterday.

i know i know. I do the myspace thing. but here is a link i posted 3 pics of it. i have a pritty cool video on there too. check it out, and feel free to add me if you want to. http://www.myspace.com/bikeboarder07.

I broke the pitman arm flush off the stering box, and you can the rest of the crap that crunched.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What did you hit? Or what hit you?

I see you got snow over in Spokane too...

i was on the freeway going about 60 and a tracker going about 45 cut me off, I tried to stop but it was slick and i just slid. So i went in to the left lane to miss him, but there was a car there too! then i tried to go back in to the center lane to miss that car but i hit her in the right rear with my front left, that caused her car to spin and when it was going around she hit the left rear of my rig with the nose of hers. That caused my car to spin to the left and in to the cement wall. When i hit the wall it snapped the pitman arm flush off the steering box, trashed my finder, bumper, headlight, pushed the whole left front tire back because it bent the radious arm bracket, and bent the **** out of core support. I have a lot of work in front of me to get it back on the road but i am going to do it.
I took off the finder and replaced the stering box today, and i found a matching finder at a u pull yard. i still need to hammer out the core support, replace the bumper, put in a new light and put on the new finder. after that i am going down to the Autonation body shop to try to get the RA bracket straited. But if they cant then i will just replace it. So I still have a lot of work in front of me.

The police, ambulence, fire truck, and one of the trucks that has the blinking arrow closing the left lane. i dident get a ticket, and i got the tow back to my house for free because the tow truck got stuck in my driveway, and we had to pull him out!

I have a steering box, and a RA bracket...I'm just on the other side of the mountains.

Ryan

i was thinking of just going ahead and buying some exstended radious arms sence i will be lifting it more anyway. how much do they usally cost?

You can extend the arms to Idaho if you want.....but if the bracket is broken or bent they are not going to line-up.

The bracket must good before you start adding more parts to it.

Ryan

Dang ouch

sent you a friend request on myspace. Dang people driveing too slow on roads. The same thing happend to me exept i was in a suzuki grand vitara crumpled like a beer can.. Happy fixen!
JT

i was thinking of just going ahead and buying some exstended radious arms sence i will be lifting it more anyway. how much do they usally cost?

Extended radius arms do away with the stock frame mounts and mount several inches back.. The Skyjacker arms mount under the transmission support. New arms can be a few hundred $, but you can always post in the wanted forum for used arms and brackets and save a bunch of $.

ouch that blows man

O Ferreal, thats :censored:'d up, ive done some pretty badazz smokeouts (not that kind of smokeout) haha, in my expo, but only with no rear brakes, that caused me to have and "Accident" on my right fender. Now have dem fresh "Raybestos on der

Back