IA Key Fob trouble | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

IA Key Fob trouble

Lwielgosz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Exlporer
Yesterday my battery on my 2011 Ford Explorer died. A good samaritan jump started it for me and ever since then BOTH of my IA Key Fobs will not work to start the vehicle. I have located the slot in the console and that works fine to start the vehicle, but I need to know what I have to do to fix my key fobs. All of the other features work on them so I know that the battery is not dead. HELP!! :mad:

Welcome to the Forum Lwielgosz.:wavey:
There are a few things you can try. You can do a Master Reset from the MFT. That however, will wipe out some of the stored memory items you may have such as Navigation favourites and radio presets. You can also try disconnecting the negative battery cable for a period of time. That will mean that the transmission will have to relearn its shift points and fuel and trim settings will also have to be relearned. There is also a thread in the 'Stickies' section, MFT Acting Up?..... Not sure if that will help or not.
It would also be very helpful if you added the model of your Explorer to your profile so it appears in the margin.

Peter

Back