Iac opnions

explorer1995

Reaction score
City, State
west palm beach, florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 explorer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

anyone have any opinions on this iac for a 95 explorer sport 4.0. It looks different than what i have seen.

been having problems with the car, could it be the wrong iac for the car?

the connectors match no problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anyone have any ideas on if this is the right iac for the explorer?

Looks right to me. It's probably just a cheap china made one.

Should i prob replace it or leave it alone?

dont know if it makes a difference but mine has the air bleed on top ,not the bottom.
you can remove it and clean the plunger with carb cleaner if your having a problem .beyond that ,just replace it .

I didnt know if by having the air bleed on the bottom made a difference. I cleaned it the other day, it seems to work alright so I wont mess with it, a new one for the car is 90 bucks which isnt cheap. thank you for your inputs. I was really debating whether or not it was the right one for the car.

If you need to replace it, use sites like rockauto.com or 1aauto.com

Looks right to me I don't think it's the wrong one. Try to clean it before you replace it and see if it makes a difference, you have nothing to lose.

Maybe you installed it reversed and it won't work right...
All the IAC valves that I saw have the bleed protector up.
Also, looks like you have a small crack in the manifold where it sits. Towards the front of the valve...

Wait hold up, I just noticed your missing a screw/bolt that holds your DPFE thing. It's the metal square thing under the IAC.

Maybe you installed it reversed and it won't work right...
All the IAC valves that I saw have the bleed protector up.

It's installed right, some manufacturers change things slightly.

Wait hold up, I just noticed your missing a screw/bolt that holds your DPFE thing. It's the metal square thing under the IAC.
I was getting ready to edit my post too with that :)

Well here the thing about the screw missing. I had to remove it so the black cap could fit. It doesnt fit in there if the bolt is in place. The iac won't bolt up any other way cuz I thought that was the problem also. As for the crack...I didn't notice it... I'll go look at it today when re sun comes out... Good eye!!!

looks wrong to me, should look like this,,

Attachments

• idle air control..jpg
    idle air control..jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 4,390

These pictures are not showing the clearance very well for the IAC to the DPFE sensor, if things won't mount properly then I say go ahead and buy the exact part. These pictures show me plenty of room but I guess that's not the case.

Yeah i thought about just replacing it, when i bought the car it had a red hose going from the iac to the black cap so that bolt could go in it was rather odd so i took the hose off.

I want to replace the iac but mine is the 90 dollar one not the cheap one.
I may just replace it anyway and see if it makes a difference.

I am not sure if that is a crack, if it is can i just use some jb weld to close it up for now as a temp fix?

Looks like a knick, or even look at corkey's picture... looks like a factory indent???

If anything, just make sure it's Not a crack.. make sure it's not a leak. Take off the IAC and inspect that wall.

It looks like corkey's picture has that indent also, i ll have to look at some more pics to see. I have been getting a vaccum leak sound sometimes when i press the gas pedal and a loss of power everyonce in awhile, maybe thats the leak? I ll look into it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The parts on rockauto.com are a hell of alot cheaper than advance auto parts and autozone! I like it hahaha

The same iac is like 90 bucks at advance and it's like 37 bucks at rockauto

Back