IAC valve.

BIGHVM

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
UK, Richmond, Surrrey.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Northface
Been here before and cleaned it two years ago, just did it again and its working fine.
For the new guys here, if you have problems like the car starts and dies when you take foot of pedal, it starts and revs very high, it starts and surges- its prob your iac valve!

Tools req- 10mm, 11mm sockets, can of carb cleaner and the wifes toothbrush, (well you cant use yours can you?)
This is how to fix it, remove the inlet manifold top cover, (4, 10mm bolts) move that aside, in the middle of the inlet manifold now exposed you will see the iac valve, it has a plug in connection facing you, free the connection, its a push fit with a tab. then undo the two 11mm bolts holding valve inplace.
On removal you will note, you have 2 deep pockets and between the two you will see a valve seal.
Coat the inside of both pockets with carb cleaner and go and have a smoke or and a coffee, after 5 mins return with the wifes toothbrush and give it some hard cleaning using more carb cleaner as required. you will have a lot of sooty deposit, (squeek does his some other place). After all is clean, give it another spray with carb cleaner just to make sure all the crap is out and leave facing down for a while to airdry. Clean the blue gaskit it sits on in the intake manifold whilst you are waiting.
When dry around 10 mins, replace, connect bolt down, but not too tight or you will damage plastic manifold and be in a world of pain!
Replace upper cover and bolts down, smile and start your Explorer....she is well again!

Correction to post, Iac valve. I cant correct the header for some reason!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

iac

hi there think you are muddling up your egr with your iac.cheers chris

hi there think you are muddling up your egr with your iac.cheers chris

Oh Yup! Bang on mate, was in a rush and not thinking- Cheers dude.
Oh btw, do you have any of the wiring from loom to fan motor speed pack including both connecter ends please?

hi i am dismantling a 2000 north face i will have a look tomorrow to see if the wiring connector is o.k.cheers chris

Is the "fan motor speed pack" the thing that looks like coiled resistors that fits into the fan motor assembly?
If so, Chris, have you got a good one of those laying about?

Thanks
Mike

hi guys
can you please pm me for parts as dont want to make this(or any othere) posts my sales page .cheers chris

oh year mat, lost the end of the ring fnger left hand- degloved in a bloody door frame!
May never play the axe again but trying real hard to make it happen!!!
Thanks for edit H.

Straighten up Herman! Iommi lost two before he turned pro and he can squeeze out a tune. I got one of mine in a press a week before I bought my beloved Gibson (32 years ago!). In the words of Knopfler's guitar salesman "stick at it kid!".

Back