I'd like to get to know some of the active Sacramento members | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'd like to get to know some of the active Sacramento members

XLTmodifire

Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' XLT (B4 Autumn Brown)
I believe it is fair to say I would rather trust a suggestion from a member on here than an owner/worker from a mechanic shop looking for a profit.

I'd like to get to know some of the active users from or around the Sacramento area. I'd like to help out with projects if you have some, or vise versa. I am not too deep into the engine knowledge, but have tools, time and the will to learn. LOL

I searched for posts with "Sacramento", and found very little replies. Perhaps it was just due to the subjects, but I wanted to know what users were interested in helping each other out. May it be "hey, could you look at this", or perhaps "hey, I need a hand".

So, post up and say hi to one another. I am in the Natomas area. Just on the other side of the highway from Arco Arena. :wavey:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey I'm up in Folsom right next to the lake. I go to school down in Pomona for most of the year though but I'm home a good amount.

Hey, great! Thanks for replying!!!

Yea, we still have not been able to do anything. Right now we are looking for some good (no license required) spots for fishing. We found a spot in Lincoln, but I would have to check it out first. Looks a bit small, and almost cheating like. LOL

I actually just logged in to search about the guide tensioner due to I have a ticking noise in that area at idle. I thought perhaps it may have been the guide, but read that it may be possible it could just be the tensioner. So, I am going to give that a shot. If you have any tips, hit me up! :D

I still need to purchase the parts, as well as a torque wrench, so I may not be doing this for a little while. And I'll have to prep the other car to drive in case I am not able to complete this in a weekend. LOL!!!!

not in sac area, but bout 3hr drive, im down in Oakland....

I actually just logged in to search about the guide tensioner due to I have a ticking noise in that area at idle. I thought perhaps it may have been the guide, but read that it may be possible it could just be the tensioner. So, I am going to give that a shot. If you have any tips, hit me up! :D

I have the same thing. the 4.0 SOHC motors are notorious for this timing chain rattle problem. I havent heard of any way to get rid of it yet..

Yea, I figure I'd give the tensioner a try first since it is fairly inexpensive and maybe a days work. If it works, perhaps you may want to give it a try as well. If you decide to, I'd be more than welcome to help our since I had done it myself.

sweet let me know how it goes :thumbsup:

I am in Volcano, CA

im not exactly in the sacramento area, but i spend a lot of time up there. im actually in solano county. im from SF, work in oakland, but i graduated from sac state. living in solano co, i consider myself part of the bay area and sacramento scene. since you are from the sac area, let me ask you, how is prarie city OHV? i want to drive up and check it out, but i read on dirtopia that its not really worth visiting.

I'm in Sac, off Watt and Elkhorn so not too far from you. I have this annoying pulley squeal, just can't figure out which one due to a lack of hearing. I've already replaced a ton of parts to no avail, so...I'm about to push this thing off a cliff :help:

Ha, Dobbs from Volcano not to far, All the parts are down their.

i know this is last minute, but just letting all my fellow sacramento forum peeps that ill be checking out prarie city off road park saturday morning. just got the feeling to play in the mud in the morning. ill be the guy in the white ST on black wheels.

NEVERMIND fellas, just went to the website and the park is closed this weekend for renovations. im going to frank raines OHV near modesto and patterson if anyone wants to roll.

we have talked about doing a meet at the in and out in folsom first and then go to the prarie city off road park for the off road guys.
I am south of of placerville

woah peeps from sac town?!?! I thought i was all alone!! :) yea i live in Citrus Heights next to 80 and Antelope (off Aubrun). In the process of getting me sport 4wd ready...just ordered some 33x10.5 BFG KM2's with some pro comp rock crawler series 15x8's (3.75BS) and my W153 shackles and the 883 BL :) ...now its time to get it all within the next week and put this baby together! i know this summer i plan on hitting Strawberry trail and parts of the rubicon...possibly high lakes and some foresthill action. I would not mind hitting Prairie city first to make sure i know how to 4wd lol...used to crawl and mud with my k5 blazer i just sold (which that money went to those parts above lol) but now its time to give my sport a whirl. I dont have any approxmiate dates yet but if anyone is interested in running the hills this summer let me know :)

-Chuck

there are a ton of great spots you can hit up this summer. prarie city is always good when it rains for some mud action, but mudding sucks once you get home and you need clean everything off, plus it can wear your components out quicker.

The last time i went to Prairie City was roughly 6 years ago! Might have been longer than that too...once i cracked the case on my dirtbike i just never went back...then i picked up a quad but not i have a bad carb on it so i need to replace it but thats not on the priority list...since the rain is here now... i might be able to go there next weekend (fingers crossed)... :)

I am up in Folsom too, hey what's up grant its Matt from Folsom high Brandon's friend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We're out of Roseville. Hello!

Truck's out of commission, but we'll be back on the road by the end of the month. :)

Oh, and Rattlesnake Bar opened up last month, there are a few interesting trails at various levels of difficulty. Good fun for being a local spot but the lakes up to capacity so it gets a little crowded.

Back